It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
(male)

GAbrook HB UserGAbrook HB UserGAbrook HB UserGAbrook HB User
Fully Favorable Bench Decision!!!

Newbie here I have been lurking for a while though. I had my hearing on Wednesday and the Judge issued a fully favorable bench decision with a oset date of OCT 2009. This site has been very helpful to ease the stresses that I have had pending the hearing some of the deciding factors in my case were/are PTSD, BIPOLAR, LUMBAR DAMAGE, CERVICAL SPINE DAMAGE, DDD, IBS among others seizure disorder SSA labeled it as multiple body disfunction. Anyhow the judge stated I would have his decision withing a week I got a little antsy and went to the local office today the clerk there says it shows Pending and for me to wait on my letter. What does the pending mean? The judge said he was entering the decision electronically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to GAbrook:
BlueSkies14 (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Cool Re: Fully Favorable Bench Decision!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbrook View Post
Newbie here I have been lurking for a while though. I had my hearing on Wednesday and the Judge issued a fully favorable bench decision with a oset date of OCT 2009. This site has been very helpful to ease the stresses that I have had pending the hearing some of the deciding factors in my case were/are PTSD, BIPOLAR, LUMBAR DAMAGE, CERVICAL SPINE DAMAGE, DDD, IBS among others seizure disorder SSA labeled it as multiple body disfunction. Anyhow the judge stated I would have his decision withing a week I got a little antsy and went to the local office today the clerk there says it shows Pending and for me to wait on my letter. What does the pending mean? The judge said he was entering the decision electronically. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome GAbrook.

Congrats on the bench approval!

Unfortunately the "wheels of our govt" do not rotate as effectively as we would like.Just sit back and relax,as the months after approval (for some strange reason),seem to be just as stressful as the priors months BEFORE approval

As many members will confirm..........as each phase of the SSDI process moves forward (approval /award letter,back-pay,monthly check,and eventual Medicare) it will move more smoothly afterwards.

GL
Ferd

Last edited by ferd144; 03-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ferd144 For This Useful Post:
GAbrook (03-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User
Re: Fully Favorable Bench Decision!!!

Congrats to you GABrook -- Glad things went well for you

Hugs

The Following User Says Thank You to Jacki345 For This Useful Post:
GAbrook (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

Congratulations on your fully favorable decision! It sounds like you should have your decision letter very soon. I'm glad you don't have to wait months on a decision

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Congrats on the bench decision @ your ALJ hearing GAbrook. Don't worry about the pending part. It is SS's way of saying we are slow but we are working on it. With an EOD of OCT 2009, this should result in a pretty hefty backpay for you even after the 5 month waiting period is factored in and you should be eligible for medicare right away. Unfortunately even after you win your SSDI claim, it still is somewhat of a waiting game with SS waiting on the backpay, approval letter, award letter. and that 1st monthly SS payment. After you finally get all the things I just mentioned, the waiting game is over. It becomes pretty much smooth sailing after that. The monthly checks then arrive like clockwork on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Wednesday of each month depending on the date you were born. Again, congrats and welcome to healthboards.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
GAbrook (03-27-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
(female)

uprightgirl HB User

Congradulations!! I just got my letter today. I was approved on Feb. 27th. I was at the mailbox eagerly everyday and finally it happened today!! It will come and I know it is hard to be patient.....it will come.

The Following User Says Thank You to uprightgirl For This Useful Post:
GAbrook (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #7
(male)

I am glad don't as well my situation was a bit different as SSA sent e a letter with my Recon denial stating I was disabled but never Paid me made me go through the whole process of appealing and a Hearing the Judge seemed disturb by that as my medical records indicated I met the requirements.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
(female)

uprightgirl HB User

Quote:
I am glad don't as well my situation was a bit different as SSA sent e a letter with my Recon denial stating I was disabled but never Paid me made me go through the whole process of appealing and a Hearing the Judge seemed disturb by that as my medical records indicated I met the requirements.
That is totally insane! Did you have an attorney? What state are you in?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
(male)

Yes I did have an attorney and I live in Georgia. My Attorney thought that because of all the Typos it was inaccurate.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
I do not quite understand. You mean you were actually approved @ the reconsideration level, but the SSA, by mistake, sent you a denial letter instead and you had to appeal when there was really no need. Please expound!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
(male)

Yes Blue that is Exactly what I am saying it was an awful experience I sowed the letter to SSA when I got it and all. For those that have been denied when they send you a denial they attach a SS form 4268 explaining how they came to the conclusion and the one I got stated " you state you became disable as of Oct 2009 we have reviewed statements about your condition(s) and we have deterined that you ARE disabed however your disability did not begin until Oct 2009 and that is the date you are elgible for benefits. It has been crazy cycle for me I did in fact contact my Congressmans office which did speed up the process of e getting a hearing that has been the good part in this. Te Judge after looking at all the info did apologize as he said he did not understand why I have not been recieving benefits and he also said he was expediting this for me because I was definitely wronged in this. Ihope noone has to go through this journey the way that I did. Losing everything because of a SSA mistake.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: GAbrook
ferd144 (03-27-2012), Jacki345 (03-27-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to GAbrook For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

Congrats! So glad you shared with us. I bet you are relieved that it is almost over. Keep us posted on your approval and how long it takes to get your letter. Congrats again....

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
(male)

I am so elated that this is almost over I call SS 1800# about an hour ago and the rep told me that it was in writing so I guess the judge was right when he said I would have the letter this week I will keep the board posted.

The following user gives a hug of support to GAbrook:
sandiemas (03-27-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to GAbrook For This Useful Post:
sandiemas (03-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
(male)

Vindicated777 HB UserVindicated777 HB User

Congratulations on your fully-favorable decision!!
Phil. 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vindicated777 For This Useful Post:
GAbrook (04-29-2012)
Closed Thread