It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

egag102 HB User
Question Employee Advocacy Group

I got my initial denial yesterday. My LTD company referred me to the Employee Advocacy Group to represent me for hearing. If I use them, their fee will come from any overpayment that I owe back to LTD.

Has anyone had experience with them?

Thanks

Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Employee Advocacy Group

Who is the "Employee Advocacy Group"? If you'd rather not say due to privacy concerns, I completely understand.

I am on LTD.
I have been on offset LTD over 2 years. (been approved for any occ)
I have been on SSDI approx. 8 months.
I was denied SSDI at levels 1 and 2.
I was approved for SSDI OTR at level 3.
My Employee Advocacy Group (one of many my LTD insurer uses) was Allsup.
They did not refer to me Allsup.

I referred myself but my LTDI carrier credited all fees to Allsup using the overpayment monies due back to them when I was approved for SSDI.

I hope I answered your question.
Welcome to healthboards.

Many, many other helpful members post here daily. A lot of these ppl have been approved for SSDI so they can answer any questions you have about what to expect. A few are even on LTD like myself also. Many members are inactive during the weekends so you may not get any replies until a weekday.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
ferd144 (04-14-2012), NElady (04-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

OIC, ok, LOL...cool! I have never heard of them but if your LTD company referred you to them, they should be ok. Once they get you approved for SSDI, a portion of the overpayment you return to the LTD company will be used to pay them their fee for representing you.

For example....
Your SSDI backpay is $20,000.
Your overpayment back to the LTD company is $15,000.
EAG's fee = 25% of 20,000 = $5000 (sometimes, the insurance carrier will negotiate this amount down with EAG since they are referring claimants to them...more business for EAG).
In the example I gave>>>
You get to keep $5000
EAG takes $5000 out of the $15,000 and the remainder ($10,000) then gets sent on to your LTDI carrier. It is a good deal since you have to pay the overpayment back to the carrier anyway after you are approved for SSDI.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
(female)

egag102 HB User

Thanks for the reply.

This is all so difficult and almost humiliating. You have to trust in the dr's, therapists and professionals, research about your problems and hope you make the best decisions.

Elaine

Last edited by Administrator; 04-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

I know egag102. I fully agree. I hated doing all this stuff too when it became apparent I was no longer going to be able to continue working. I felt defeated and humiliated also in the very beginning. These are very normal emotions to have IMO. All of us here hated losing our jobs and having to file for disability but if you can't work anymore, you have to continue living. To continue living, you need money coming in from somewhere. I am grateful I had a LTD policy when I became disabled. If not, it would have meant financial ruin for me. Getting approved for disability benefits and staying approved can be a real PITA but it is something you must do for yourself and your family.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
(female)

Wronginator HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by egag102 View Post
I got my initial denial yesterday. My LTD company referred me to the Employee Advocacy Group to represent me for hearing. If I use them, their fee will come from any overpayment that I owe back to LTD.

Has anyone had experience with them?

Thanks
So how was your experience working with them. Have they been good to work with and represented you well? What was the outcome?

Thanks.

Reply Reply