It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
(female)

hornetfan7777 HB User
Have hearing date set -----some questions

Hi everyone!!
A little background to begin with: I first applied for SSD in approx. 2007. Received a call from SS and was told I did not have enough credits. I never even thought to research it. So, a few years passed ---- I did not work, could not work because of health. In 2010 someone suggested I file for SSI. So, I did. While on the phone with SS one day, a very nice, older lady told me that SS had made a mistake in '07 ----that I did have enough credits. So, I filed for both SSI and SSD.

My hearing is in late May. We will drive about 2 hours (due to curvy roads) for a Video whatever it is called thingie.

My lawyer asked me to have 5 people write letters, who knew me before and after my health declined. Also, they asked me to have someone who knows my situation to come with us.

I think that pretty much covers it. Here are my questions:

Will the mixup with credits come back to haunt me in any way? Or is there any chance SS will have to pay from that first date (minus the time they hold out)?

I have read on internet that the letters do not come into the decision making. Is this true? I will probably only have 3 (we moved a few times and there just are not enough people who knew me before and after).

I will not be able to bring anyone with me (besides my husband ---- who I know does not count. Will this hurt my case?

In the last letter from my lawyer, with the hearing info, it mentions getting in touch with them if we are about to be evicted, get disconnect notices, etc. Does this mean that our financial situation could come into play in a positive way? What I mean is, we have suffered financially (lost our vehicle and was evicted) from my not being able to work. My husband has almost always held 2 plus jobs but in the last few years he has only been able to have the one full time job.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any advice or info. It is greatly appreciated!!!

Emma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread