It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

Complicatedone HB User
Smile Approved and Waiting

I applied for disability for the first time Back in 2005. I was of course denied then i reapplied. I found out later i should have got a attorney instead of re applying because i lost a chance at all the back pay. The second time when i re applied (2007) I got denied again. This time I hired my attorney. I was giving up hope when i finally got the phone call (March 2012) that my hearing was going to be in a few days. I was nervous.
I was taken into a very small court room. Just like a large court room only a lot smaller. There was a woman typing everything that was said, My attorney, And the judge. Another lady was on the phone in case she could prove that i was able to do a job she would speak up.
I started out ok. I was questioned. Then pretty much was interrogated. The judge was a royal jerk. By the time my hearing was over which was about 45 minutes long i was in tears and could barely breathe. Just when i was so upset i was ready to walk out. The judge made what is called a bench decision. Which i was told hardly ever happens. He approved my disability case and said i have to go back up for review in two years. I still have not received any paperwork or any back pay. They will be paying back to the beginning of 2009. I am grateful that I was approved but am still a bit stressed because i have not received any pay or paperwork as of yet. Our bills are piling up and i need the medicare card desperately to be able to get back on my medications that i have had such a hard time affording.
Is there some type of time limit on when you should get your paperwork after being approved?

The following user gives a hug of support to Complicatedone:
apas1981 (05-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: Approved and Waiting

I was approved during my hearing also. It took about a month or so before I had the offical award letter. Occasionally the judges will give approvals at the actual hearings. My lawyer said that their job basically sucks so some of them enjoy being able to give good news when they can. The decision still needs to go to the writers and then may need to go through quality review. I think it was about a month before I had my paperwork. Congrats on getting approved.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
(male)

Vindicated777 HB UserVindicated777 HB User

Congratulations on getting approved...I bet that's an awesome feeling to have! take care of yourself!!
Phil. 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

footny HB Userfootny HB Userfootny HB User

What a relief, congratulations!!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
(female)

Complicatedone HB User

Thanks I just pray everything comes in the mail soon. Before we lose everything we have. Bills are piling up. And it's stressing me out!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

I can't believe how much your story sounds like mine. except for the apply then reapply I hired an attorney right off the bat. I also had a long term disability plan to cover my expenses while waiting for my decision. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. But totally understand your predicament. I too am waiting for my letter and insurance which is much needed. My hearing was on the 11th and when I called social security yesterday they said nothing was in the system yet but I should hear by the end of may. I also received a letter in the mail a few days ago. saying that I had to go to the local social security office to review my ssi file. I explained that I did not qualify for ssi and they said I still needed to go to review medicare and other payment options, and if I failed to go that my ssdi would be denied even though I had a fully favorable benchdecision. The waiting game sucks but all I can say is hang in there and know that it is coming soon. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted on what is going on. I too have no clue and have been on the forum looking for advice and suggestions this is a great place to be.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Closed Thread