It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
(female)

Aubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB UserAubrey278 HB User
Unhappy Can't file a new claim!

I tried to file a new SSDI claim in April but was told I can't because I have no recent work history. I have a case pending at the appeals council and from reading the boards, I thought it would be better to file a new claim. It took a long time to fill out the application just to be denied.
Things are not going well as I will be evicted next week. My family is not supportive as they don't understand chronic depression at all. They just tell me to get a job time and time again. One even asked if I would have to take antidepressants for the rest of my life after my first suicide attempt. Duh! for her there is a stigma I guess. I don't think most people understand how debilitating depression is or otherwise the judge, courts, my family would not be so antagonistic. I wish I had a disability that you could see. If I had MS or the like no one would question me. I saw a psychotherapist a few times but I stopped seeing her after she tried to convince me that even in a homeless state you have choices: either you can live in your car or live in shelter, so cheer up!!! It was like asking if I wanted to be bitten by a rattlesnake or a python. Thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread