It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #16
(female)

Zayda HB UserZayda HB User
Re: SSDI Hearing

That's great! Hope you guys can catch up on some things because I'm behind on every bill you name. But when youre disable you cannot work and that's the reality of our lives. But Wow this is exciting for you guys! Please keep me posted as I will you.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Zayda
minnieme1982 (06-22-2012), sandiemas (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #17
(female)

minnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB User

I will definitely keep you up to did. Just be persistent and keep up with finding if the judge his entered his decision so that the ssa offcie can see. My hubby still hasnt received the approval letter, I believe will receive his back pay before he receives his approval letter and award letter in the mail. With him being so persistent in trying to find out if the ssa 1800# can see his decision in their system I believe that put him like a week or 2 with his process. When the judge give the decision at the hearing only you, your lawyer, the VE (vocational expert) and the person that is typing what is says in the court room knows the ppl when you call the 1800# or your local ssa office doesn't know until it is put into their systems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
(female)

Hey Zayda how is everything going just checkin up on ya....Anymore good news for you....Hope everything is going well with you

Old 06-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieme1982 View Post
Hey Zayda how is everything going just checkin up on ya....Anymore good news for you....Hope everything is going well with you
Hi Minnie, I call the ssa office and they told me the same thing about the writing department. So I became very discouraged and called the guy back and laid everything out for him. He placed me on hold and came back and stated that he is seeing things in his system greatly for me. He stated everything the judge told me he was looking at it. That was such a relief but July 3 will make it 2 months and from reading this forum most applicants progress is much faster esp from Ga. How are things going for you guys?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
(male)

magicssd HB Usermagicssd HB Usermagicssd HB User

Hey Zayda! I also live in GA. My hearing was on June 6th and I received my notification letter on June 16th dated June 11th. As of June 22nd it is still in the hands of payment processing. No word yet on backpay or monthly amounts. Keep in mind I received a fully favorable bench decision and he said that he would expedite.

Good luck...and the waiting continues.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
(male)

Hey Zayda! I also live in GA. My hearing was on June 6th and I received my notification letter on June 16th dated June 11th. As of June 22nd it is still in the hands of payment processing. No word yet on backpay or monthly amounts. Keep in mind I received a fully favorable bench decision and he said that he would expedite.

Good luck...and the waiting continues.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
(female)

HEY things are good for us....very soon this is what will happen next...you seem to be about a week behind our events.

About 3 days after we were told the same thing that you were told...we went to the local office and after they gave us a printout of his approval letter that we hadnot yet recieved in the mail.
The next day we went back to the local office....and we found out his start date of benefits...the amount of monthly benefits. We were also given a printout of his medicare info vice waiting for that to come in the mail. Also we were told his exact amount for backpay and the lawyers fee. They told us as soon as the lawyer is paid....we will get the backpay.
You get alot more better info going to the office vice calling the toll free number. At the office they will tell you everything straightup and wont talk to you in code and riddles.
If you are able to go to your local office they will give you better info.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
(female)

Thx Minnie and Magic for the strong words of inspiration. Minnie I would probably just go down there and get the exact progress of my case. It sounds like you guys had a great rep at the office too so hopefully I get the same. Lol. I should make it that way on Wednesday. Hello Magic, thank you for that informative info! How long did you have to wait overall 1st n 2nd denial etc? I will keep you guys posted on my end and hope that you pls do the same.

Thank you,
Zayda

The following user gives a hug of support to Zayda:
minnieme1982 (06-23-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
(female)

Yes I will continue to make sure I keep you up to date, I want to make sure that everything is going good for you.

Last edited by minnieme1982; 06-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #25
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayda View Post
Hello Magic, thank you for that informative info! How long did you have to wait overall 1st n 2nd denial etc? I will keep you guys posted on my end and hope that you pls do the same.

Thank you,
Zayda
EOD: Nov 2008
1st App: June 2010
1st Denial: Dec 2010
2nd App: Dec 2010
2nd Denial: June 2011
Applied for ALJ: June 2011
ALJ Hearing: June 6th 2012
Notice of Fully Favorable Dec: June 11th 2012
Backpay: Unknown
Monthly: Unknown

Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #26
(female)

Hey Zayda,
Were you able to go to your local SSA office today? Have you gotten any new updates or good news?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #27
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieme1982 View Post
Hey Zayda,
Were you able to go to your local SSA office today? Have you gotten any new updates or good news?
Girl, I went today and had a very nasty rep assisting me. She stated that I had to have my award letter before she could even assist me any further. So as I was walking out this older couple approached me and told me to call SSA office and press any hardship if any. And I really took their advise! Because I'm in process of losing my home so if that aint stressing I don't know what is. So I call the office and spoke with a very nice supervisor and she stated that she would to assist me but I did indeed needed to provide hardship. So I expressed to her that that wouldn't be a big deal at all. Trust me I'm borderline homeless as I speak. She wants me to fax over documentation showing such hardship so I call my landlord and he will be providing me with everything to verify this. The supervisor gave me her direct ext and fax number and she said once she get the docs fax over that she would get everything expedited. So tomorrow the landlord is providing me with forms and from there I will fax it to the supervisor. So I'm guessing that's the best news in these last 7 wks since the hearing. How are things going for you n spouse case?

minnieme1982 (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
(female)

Wow ppl can be so rude she didn't have to be like that with you, she still could have looked in her system to verify if they received the approval from the judge yet. So far we found out that the lawyer was paid on the 23rd which was on a Saturday. Yesterday he got his proof of income letter from the SSA office. Still waiting on backpay and first payment nothing yet. Keep me updated with your situation just want to make sure that everything goes ok with you.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayda View Post
Thx Minnie and Magic for the strong words of inspiration. Minnie I would probably just go down there and get the exact progress of my case. It sounds like you guys had a great rep at the office too so hopefully I get the same. Lol. I should make it that way on Wednesday. Hello Magic, thank you for that informative info! How long did you have to wait overall 1st n 2nd denial etc? I will keep you guys posted on my end and hope that you pls do the same.

Thank you,
Zayda
It was approx 6mths each time and then it took 12 mths to get my hearing. I am getting anxious now because there is still nothing in the system for my backpay or mthly pay. But I run out to the mailbox each afternoon hoping to find something...lol.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #30
(female)

Still waiting on things....On July 3rd will make 2 months since my hearing which is not a good sign..I believe...But I will remain in God's hand. Thx Minnie for your sincere care as I wish the best for you guys!

minnieme1982 (06-29-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zayda For This Useful Post:
minnieme1982 (06-29-2012)
Reply Reply