It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

Zayda HB UserZayda HB User
SSDI Hearing

I had my SSDI hearing with the ALJ on May 03, 2012. And she asked me a lot of questions. I am 35 yrs old and I have a brain injury, vision lost, incontinece, 27 pills a day and the list goes on. The judge asked the VE was there any work I could do in my prior work history and he said NO. Then she asked him was there anything I could in the Natinal Economy and he said absoutly NOT. The hearing went well and my attorney even stated that the judge granted me. I did hear something to that effect but was so nervous I couldn't hear everything completely. My attorney gave me a really big hug and said we did it!!! Today is May 10,2012 and I still haven't heard anything. Now what's freaking me out is that I call the SSA office and spoked with clerk and he said his system is showing the judge is waiting the decision. Which is absoutly ridicolus!! I thought she had already made her decision at the hearing or did she changed her mind I call my attorney and she told me not worry because everything's on record but I have no choice but worry esp after fighting SSDI for 4 yrs. Do anyone know what's going on and what's the waiting period or has this happened to anyone? Thank you for your kind respond.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: SSDI Hearing

It takes a while for the decision to be written and finalized. The judge at my hearing told me I was approved but it still 4-6 weeks to get the offical letter from ssa. Hang in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
Zayda (05-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

Thx Dismama. How long did it take for you to receive your 1st check after receiving your award letter? I love this forum because you get to talk to real people and their real life experiences and not people at the SSA office that's very short with you.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

I think my back pay came first and that took about 6 weeks. I was approved in June and my first monthly check was the end of August.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
(female)

Hi Dismama,

Sorry to keep bugging you but I have another question. Did your judge give you a review period? Because at my hearing the judge stated that she wants a 36 months review. My attorney said that it was standard because of my age. And also were you nervous right before you open your decision mail? I might freaking past out once I receive that mail in hand. Lol

Old 05-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

No bother. I'm scared anytime I get mail from ssa. My original decision was a review in a year. I just actually got finished my first review. It took 20 months before I finally got it. I'm only 36 so that's why I got a 1 year review. I got sent the long form continuing disability review form. It asked all about what activities I can and can't do and asked about my doctors visits and meds. My review was favorable and I was given a time frame of 3 years for my next review. From what I've read it is important to continue to see your doctors and to keep records of your visits and med changes. The review was stressful even though my doctor told me not to worry about it. It is up to social security to prove you are no longer disabled instead of you proving you are disabled. It seems like it is easier to keep your benefits than it is to get them in the first place.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

well I just had my earings on the 11th of april and just told that it is pending s s I decision. had my meeting with ssi and was told I was denied due to income. And that the ssd I should be coming within 2 to 3 weeks. I was told this is standard procedure. but that doesn't make it any less stressful. I received my letter with the fully favorable bench decision and a letter of my monthly allotted benefit amount. But nothing regarding how much money I will get for back pay, which will go to my long term disability an attorney anyway so I am not too excited about that but im anxious for insurance to start. During meetingwith the ssi guy I was told it wouldn't start until october or november. it would be nice to get love letters and let this all just be done and over. I was also given a 24 month review, which I was told is normal because of my age I am 44. I hope this helps keep us posted.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Last edited by sandiemas; 05-12-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
(female)

Wow Sandy! Whats the difference between ssi income and SSDI income? So when you met with ssi they denied you and then approved benefits? Sorry didnt quite get that. But I'm still waiting on something in the mail and each day day the stress worsen. I shake when I open my mailbox, literally. I call ssa on Friday and they told me still waiting on judge's decision. Ughhhhh!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
(female)

minnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB User

hey Zayda how has everything going with you any updates....Any good news.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieme1982 View Post
hey Zayda how has everything going with you any updates....Any good news.
Well, I went in the SSA office like a couple of weeks ago and told them that the judge had gave me a favorable decision at my hearing. So the rep set me up for direct deposit and scheduled a telephone appointment for spousal and child payments on June 15th. Which was yesterday. Well a young lady call and said that she was confused about the purpose of the call. So I explain things to her and stated that until I have a letter stating the amount etc that she was unable to process. And she also stated that she didn't see an approval or denial in her system only pending. So I'm freaking out right about now. I don't know what's taking so long, did the judge change her mind this is so scary I'm beginning to worry. How's things going your way?

Old 06-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
(female)

Things are going extremely well.My hubby went to the ssa office thursday and got his approval letter from the apparently they had his decision from the 7th of this month (June). The lady just gave him the approval letter and that was it Thursday. So he went back on Friday and we had a nice lady there that set him up for direct deposit and got the SSI side out of the way, he qualified for SSI but the lady explained to us that if he gets the SSI it will slow his backpay for his SSDI and his medicare also, so we declined because he needs his medicare as soon as possible. She sent a message to the payment processing center (they already had his info for processing they were just waiting on the ssa office to deal with the SSI portion of it). She told us to wait until it says he is in a paid status to add our kids so that they can get paid, she said that he can call the local office to verify in two weeks if it says he is in a paid status and he will be able to get a copy of his medicare card. She also said the we can schedule a appointment as soon as the next day to get our kids info.

Well the payment processing center called him yesterday wow right we did know they were opened on a saturday the nice lady he spoked on the phone with thay was handling this file told him that she was assisting the processing center because they were overloaded with payments to process. She told him that he was that she was putting him in a paid status as of today which was Saturday and that his local ssa office will see it in the system Monday. So hopefully he will be receiving his back pay and get a copy of his Medicare card soon.

Zayda dont panic or worry if the judge gave u a fully favorable bench decision it was on recorded. Just call the 1800# every other day every week however you want to do it to verify if the judge had entered his decision yet.The judge didn't change his/her decision, it is just sent to be typed up and verified so that the judge can sign abd mail to you. If you call the 1800# one day and they tell you that the judge had made a decision they cannot give you tge decision over the phone, you can go to your local ssa office if you can to get a copy of the decision. Its going to say what you already know the you was fully favorable and some extra information on to why the judge found you fully favorable that letter from the ssa office will get everything going for you now if you receive the letter before ssa office gets your decision in their systems go to your local office if you can and show them the decision letter and they wil get everything going for you. Just be patient dear God is with and He is on your side, I am going to pray for you that everything happens quickly and smoothly for you. Thank God that you got your decision from the judge at the hearing there are ppl on this forum that actually had to wait for the judges decision as to if they were denied of approved to come in the mail. Count that as a blessing just be string and everything will happen for you very soon.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #12
(female)

Things are going extremely well.My hubby went to the ssa office thursday and got his approval letter from the apparently they had his decision from the 7th of this month (June). The lady just gave him the approval letter and that was it Thursday. So he went back on Friday and we had a nice lady there that set him up for direct deposit and got the SSI side out of the way, he qualified for SSI but the lady explained to us that if he gets the SSI it will slow his backpay for his SSDI and his medicare also, so we declined because he needs his medicare as soon as possible. She sent a message to the payment processing center (they already had his info for processing they were just waiting on the ssa office to deal with the SSI portion of it). She told us to wait until it says he is in a paid status to add our kids so that they can get paid, she said that he can call the local office to verify in two weeks if it says he is in a paid status and he will be able to get a copy of his medicare card. She also said the we can schedule a appointment as soon as the next day to get our kids info.

Well the payment processing center called him yesterday wow right we did know they were opened on a saturday the nice lady he spoked on the phone with thay was handling this file told him that she was assisting the processing center because they were overloaded with payments to process. She told him that he was that she was putting him in a paid status as of today which was Saturday and that his local ssa office will see it in the system Monday. So hopefully he will be receiving his back pay and get a copy of his Medicare card soon.

Zayda dont panic or worry if the judge gave u a fully favorable bench decision it was on recorded. Just call the 1800# every other day every week however you want to do it to verify if the judge had entered his decision yet.The judge didn't change his/her decision, it is just sent to be typed up and verified so that the judge can sign and mail to you. If you call the 1800# one day and they tell you that the judge had made a decision they cannot give you tge decision over the phone, you can go to your local ssa office if you can to get a copy of the decision. Its going to say what you already know the you was fully favorable and some extra information on to why the judge found you fully favorable that letter from the ssa office will get everything going for you now if you receive the letter before ssa office gets your decision in their systems go to your local office if you can and show them the decision letter and they wil get everything going for you. Just be patient dear God is with and He is on your side, I am going to pray for you that everything happens quickly and smoothly for you. Thank God that you got your decision from the judge at the hearing there are ppl on this forum that actually had to wait for the judges decision as to if they were denied of approved to come in the mail. Count that as a blessing just be strong and everything will happen for you very soon.

Last edited by minnieme1982; 06-17-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
(female)

Sorry for posting it twice

Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #14
(female)

Minnie I'm really happy for and your hubby because you guys truely deserves it. I'm like so crying right now. Lol. Did they say how long does it takes to get the back pay now that he's in paid status? And your words was truly encouraging to me, I really needed that! I love this forum you get to meet people that relates to you very well and I'm blessed to have meet you. God knows how to choose them.

The following user gives a hug of support to Zayda:
minnieme1982 (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #15
(female)

The lady from the processing payment center told him that he should be receiving his back pay any day now...

Reply Reply