It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
(male)

bigblueh20 HB Userbigblueh20 HB User
Medicare and retiree insurance.....how does it work.

Okay so I am hoping that someone receiving medicare insurance and also has retiree insurance from his or her previous employer responds to this question....i am due to start receiving medicare in a few months. Currently My family and i are still covered under my previous employers health insurance. However, when medicare kicks in medicare will be my primary and my current insurance becomes secondary. Comparing the two My current insurance is better than medicare. For example medicare seems to pay about 80% of most services, my current ins pays 90%. In the future will medicare cover 80%, secondary ins cover additional 10%...and i am still responsible for 10%. or willmy secondary ins cover 20% and i will not be responsible for anything?

Can someone please provide me with some guidance on how they think this may work? Thanks BB.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
(female)

youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User
Re: Medicare and retiree insurance.....how does it work.

The best way to find out for sure is to call what is going to become your secondary insurance. If yours works the same as my husband's then medicare pays its 80 percent his secondary pays 5 percent (his from his employment paid 85 percent) leaving him paying the 15 percent. If yours works the same your second would pay 10 percent in your case so you would still pay 10 percent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread