It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Family Support

I was wondering if your family and friends supported you or is supporting you through trying to get your disability? My husband has been my rock, he's been behind me 100%.. just wanted to know how many of ya'lls family does or don't support you through this process? and if you wanted to just see where everyone is from.... I'm from Tennessee.. some people wants to keep that stuff private and I understand.. just thought it would be neat to know. Not to many people in my family knows I'm trying to get disability, I figure, the main one is the most important person in my life and thats my husband and kids

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
(male)

Vindicated777 HB UserVindicated777 HB User
Re: Family Support

Hello TruthSeekerTN. I've from Tennessee as well! Through my disability process I have had great support from my wife first and foremost, parents and a few friends..I tend not to tell everyone about everything that is going on. Just long-term friends..i keep a close knit group of people in my life! Which is good! It's a strenuous process to go through, waiting, bills piling up! Feeling of no hope! But sticking to it is the only way!
Phil. 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

Vindicated777.....That is wondeful that your wife is supporting you through it all, if it wasn't for our spouses, I know I couldn't get through this, with his encouragement, help and the tremendous help he does for me, he goes to work and then he does the shopping..he does make me get out sometimes which is the only part I don't like... lol... I'm glad I found another person from Tennessee.. it's really nice to meet ya.. Yes sticking with it is really hard but a must.. I'm at the appeal process right now, and the waiting game s hard, I'm hoping with me filing my appeal and them sending me something saying my condition has worsen and I had to fill out more papers is going to help me, even though I didn't put anything diff at all, but like someone said, someone new looked at it the sec time. but I still don't understand it.. Vindicated777... I wish you luck and I'll be thinking and praying for you...its like a big family here, again good luck and keep me posted on how things are going for you

Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
(male)

Likewise! First person from Tennessee I've seen! Well yes that's good news they are reviewing your case again! Maybe they did find something this time around they didn't see which would be great! Since like we said it's such a long waiting game. it does create some stress on the family that's for sure! but we get through it! Hopefully! I too went through the denial process as I've posted a in a few other posts. I actually first applied in 2006. But was automatically denied then just said forget it..applied again in 2009, denied, appealed, denied, got a lawyer...went to reconsideration stage, alj hearing...and finally approved as of May 11 this year...but i haven't received my letter in the mail yet! Sure takes a long time...i was making jokes about saying it must be coming from overseas or something! But the judge i had took off 12 months of my onset date. Oh well, better that then them telling me denied! I believe it's worth the wait! Hope all goes well for you and I'll be keeping you in my prayers also!!!
Phil. 4:19 - And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
(female)

Again I'm really happy for you, Vindicated777... have you got anything else or heard from them yet? I've not seen anyone on here from Tennessee either, it only seems like it's just you and me..that is from Tennesee. again congrats to you..

The Following User Says Thank You to TruthseekerTn For This Useful Post:
Vindicated777 (05-23-2012)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
(male)

I haven't received or heard anything else as of yet! I did call SS yesterday but this lady was rude! i mean completely. I just asked her whats to come next in the process and she stated there will be another letter in the mail stating the benefits and amounts. But she also said well you should not call back until you receive something! i was taken back! Oh well, no hard feelings towards her but some people...goodness...How about yourself? Any news on your case?

Old 05-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
(female)

Zayda HB UserZayda HB User

I'm so sorry to hear that but some are butts. How long did it take for your very letter?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
(female)

Vindicated777....I've not heard anything yet, Kinda scared too.. since I'm just at the appeal stage. but I can always pray that god knows and will do what he thinks that best for me.. I don't want to get my hopes up, just praying with them saying my condition has worsen their self is a good sign, but as in every case can't get my hopes up.. just need to leave it in gods hands.. thanks for asking.. and some of those people I call are meanies, but oh well. I look over it and go on, not much else to do.. take care.. thanks again ..

Old 06-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
(female)

Well I post yesterday and I called the SS office today, the Rep said they made a decision in my case, and they mailed a letter out yesterday, I ask if she could tell me what the decision was and she said she couldn't give out that info, Which kinda bothers me. I know some people they give the info too. so it don't sound to good. .. I have to wait on my written letter she said...

The following user gives a hug of support to TruthseekerTn:
minnieme1982 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
(female)

Naw Truth, the rep was just doing his/her job. I think you should be okay. It's gonna say a giant approval when you open that mail. Just keep us posted. I call the SSA office and they told me that they was still waiting on approval and I thought the judge gave me the approval at my hearing on May 03. So I'm also freaking out but God will interven on both of our behalfs.

The following user gives a hug of support to Zayda:
minnieme1982 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
(female)

minnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB Userminnieme1982 HB User

you need a hug, it is so nerve wrecking but hang in there. I agree with Zayda its gonna be a giant approved.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
(female)

Zayda my hubby is going through the exact samething. The judge told him he was approved that his hearing, but when he call the ssa they them they are waiting on the judgeto put in his decision, he was also told in Florida is been taking 60 days to receive his decision letter, he went to ALJ April 26th 2012 and its now 1 mth and 5 days now still waiting.....I know the feeling..

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
(female)

I totally understand minnieme but you and husband are to be okay. On Sunday it will make a whole month for my case and my anxiety is giving me a good butt kicking. So let's make a promise? How about we keep each other posted on any updates with our SSDI case? Lol. But seriously I think we can learn a lot from one another.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
(female)

@ Zayda I will definitely keep u posted.. What state are you in?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieme1982 View Post
@ Zayda I will definitely keep u posted.. What state are you in?
I'm in Georgia. How about yourself?

Closed Thread