It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

jhammer HB User
Had disability hearing

I had my disability hearing yesterday. It went really well and my lawyer is confident. The judge was very nice and asked me the usual questions. The VE said I could not do past work or any work. The VE did not ask me any questions either. At the end, the judge said he would mail out my decision in a few days. I had to laugh though because I was checking out the camera as I was leaving and waved at it and the judge smiled and waved goodbye to me. I forgot he was still online!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
(male)

jhammer HB User
Re: Had disability hearing

Finally after 3 years, I got it. FULLY FAVORABLE!!!

Last edited by jhammer; 07-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
(female)

proctor78 HB User

Congrats!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Congrats!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
(male)

magicssd HB Usermagicssd HB Usermagicssd HB User

Gratz! I know it's such a relief to finally have it over with.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User

Congratulations. Enjoy.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
(male)

jhammer HB User

Funny thing is that with the way it's worded, I'm pretty sure that I qualified for SSDI too. Interesting because of my age.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammer View Post
Funny thing is that with the way it's worded, I'm pretty sure that I qualified for SSDI too. Interesting because of my age.
Why do you say that? How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
(male)

jhammer HB User

I'm 24. I was wondering if I have qualified for SSDI because my letter said that because of my age, there was an issue I met insurance requirements. It said that I earned sufficient quarters and I was found to meet disability insurance requirements. I would be surprised if I receive SSDI because I thought you had to have a longer work history than I do.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundtrock View Post
NO, at age 24 you can have significantly fewer than the usual required 40.

You WANT SSDI, if at all possible, you generally get more in payment, you do NOT have to meet any means test, income/resource limitation tests, you do with SSI. Also with SSDI, after ONE YEAR, as I understand it. you qualify for FULL MEDICARE coverage! Medicare makes it much easier to access health care than Medicaid does. Now IF you are financially strapped, there may well be state programs where you live to assist in any deductions, etc with Medicare and possibly your SSDI income, if it is low enough.
Unfortunately that is not correct. Medicare starts after 29 full months of disability. So 29 months after the date they consider you disabled. I wish it was sooner, but unfortunately it is not. It leaves a lot of disabled people with no insurance for over 2 years. But at least you will know its coming! Mine won't be here until December. Still waiting!!

Reply Reply