It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
(female)

tlangf0143 HB User
If I can get my condition under control, can I go to school?

I am at the end of the application process (after AJL hearing, waiting for decision letter). I suffer from depression and severe PTSD from rape trauma and sometimes its difficult for me to be around large groups of people. I was wondering, if I am approved and I take strides to get my condition under control, will I have a chance that I can go to school and still continue my benefits? I would love to be able to be able to work one day, may be doing some type of billing and coding work from home. I don't want to be useless...I still would love to have a functional life, and I feel that is possible with the correct treatment, but if I dont collect SSI benefits, I cant get help.

Im confused and Im not sure what to do. Any Advice would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: If I can get my condition under control, can I go to school?

By going to school you risk the chance of losing your benefits when it comes time for your continuing disability review. The theory is if you are stable enough to attend classes then you are stable enough to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
tlangf0143 (06-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread