It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User
Letter from social security..????

Im currently awaiting a hearing date, but today I received a small 2 page letter requesting my attorney for updated medical treatments, medications, work background and authorization to disclose. It last states to provide this information to see if a fully favorable decision can be made on the record. If not a hearing will be scheduled. So I'm just asking if people have gotten these and I would assume its procedure. I left a message for my attorney but could be a couple of days. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: Letter from social security..????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOnsterpete View Post
Im currently awaiting a hearing date, but today I received a small 2 page letter requesting my attorney for updated medical treatments, medications, work background and authorization to disclose. It last states to provide this information to see if a fully favorable decision can be made on the record. If not a hearing will be scheduled. So I'm just asking if people have gotten these and I would assume its procedure. I left a message for my attorney but could be a couple of days. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
They are trying to see if your medical records back up your claim that you are disabled before you see the alj. If they do a senior attorney will find that you are disabled under ssa rules and approve you. That is what they call on the record. If they do you do not have to see the alj. I was approved that way took me one year from start to finish to get my ssdi approved. Good luck if your age is over 55 and your medical records leave no doubt that you are disabled you will be approved real soon IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (06-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Quote:
I received that letter when applying and called my attorney. They said that basically it is a letter everyond receives and it is a "ready to schedule a hearing" letter". They MIGHT review for OTR, but in most cases they just want to make sure EVERYTHING is in your file because they are ready to schedule your hearing. In my case I met a listing and they still did not do an OTR, even though that letter misleads people to think they will. Although I don't want to discourage you, because I hope they give you an OTR, I just wouldnt expect one. I would expect a hearing date soon. Good luck, and please keep us posted!!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 06-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Whynowthis For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Well in my case I meet listing 4.12b and that was how I got my Otr and my age helped me also. A senior attorney approved me I was 54 and worked 30 years t the same company before I went on ssdi. My review is in 7 years by that time I will be 61. So it's safe to say I will never work again. Besides my disability will never get better , he'll in my lifetime I worked over 40 years in my life, that's enough in my opion.

Closed Thread