It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
(female)

Karin779 HB User
Unhappy Disability Update Report

I have been on Disability since 1993 for Panic Disorder, Depression and at that time, also Agorophobia. Disability decided to move the date of my disability about 7 years ago and I ended up having to pay back $6,000. I had to meet 2 criteria to have it forgiven - 1. I could not afford to pay it back and 2. They were at fault. They admitted they were at fault but because I COULD pay it back from my savings, they wanted the money. How messed up is that? I was told by a mediator to NEVER give them my banking information for them to get paid because they would take it all at one time and if they took too much, oh well. you weren't getting it back. So I let them deduct money from me monthly from my benefits for 3 years and lived on $300 a month. Try doing THAT for 3 years! I have just about wiped out what little savings I had.

Recently, I received the "Disability Update Report", which I have never gotten before. I filled it out and sent it back. My check is automatically deposited into my account by the 3rd of the month. It's not here and I am panicking and scared to death. Can they just cut your payments off with NO notice??? In the instructions it says: "When we review your case, we may find that you are no longer disabled under our rules and your payments may stop. If your payments stop, you can appeal our decision or you can ask us to continue to make payments while you appeal." With that, it sounds like they don't even have to notify you if they stop payments. How is that even right? How do they just cut you off with no advance notice so you can try and figure out how you are going to live?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
(male)

cejohns HB Usercejohns HB User
Re: Disability Update Report

they have to notify you by law..you only have 10 days to appeal and keep getting your monthly benefits.. Have you been going to your Dr. regularly over the last 3 years? That's one of the big things they look at. IF you have been, I wouldn't worry to much.. good luck

Reply Reply