It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
(female)

toughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB User
Question SSI Reviews

Hi to all and glad I found this message board. I received an approval letter for my ssi claim in May, along with my back pay. I am not getting the full amount based on the fact that I'm still at home and do not pay my own rent or buy food. I also have applied for medicaid which I hope will help me when I get my ssi review. I need health insurance in order to give something to prove I am still disabled. I know I only started receiving payments a short time ago, but I was wondering when the reviews are done and if they notify you first. I hope someone responds.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
(female)

youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User
Re: SSI Reviews

How often your case is reviewed is based on your disability and the chance of improvement with treatment. Your approval letter may have told you I know sometimes they do not. My son is intellectually disabled and the intake worker told us it would be between 7 and 10 years as his disability has no chance of improvement. Yes you will know when they are doing a review as you will receive paper work that you must fill out. Getting all your information from Social Security is why if you move you need to make sure they are notified as soon as possible.

You should qualify for medicaid without any problems as you are getting SSI if you have had any medical bills in the last 30 to 90 days depending on the state you live in you may be able to get them covered as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to youtoo1955 For This Useful Post:
toughgal012 (07-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: SSI Reviews

Reviews are usually done at 1,3 or 7 years depending on your chances of improvement. Your approval letter should state how long it will be until you receive a continuing disability review. If not you can call and ask what your diary date is. I was supposed to be reviewed at 1 year but it actually was 20 months before I received the paperwork for the review. My disability was found to be continuing and I was given a 3 year diary date so I will be reviewed again in 2015.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
toughgal012 (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
(female)

toughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB Usertoughgal012 HB User
Hi dismama, I tried to click on the thanks button at the bottom of your post but it said I do not have permission to access this page, so I will thank you right here. I was going through my file cabinet (which needs to be reorganized badly)and found the What You Need to Know handbook for SSI, and came across the reviews section. You were right dismama, I read that it said about 3 or 6 years. I never heard the term diary date, thats informative as well. I know my mind will rest at ease when I can get insurance to buy my meds with. I need documents from the doctor too so I have it handy at my first review. Dismama and youtoo1955, you have both been a great help to me.

Reply Reply