It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User
Lightbulb Upcoming Hearing.

I am new to this forum.......

I have ssdi hearing on 8-8-12 and im overly nervous. I am also afraid that the judge will deny me benefits. I am a 31 year old mother of 2. I have been working since 1998. I have had 2 laser surgeries on both eyes for macular holes 6-8-12 and 6-24-12 along with uncontrollable high blood pressure, anemia,migraines and i had a discectomy at L5-S1 on 3-23-12. The disc reherniated and i had a repeat of the same surgery on 5-7-12. My neurologist told me in July that
L4-L5 was also herniated but he wasnt worried about that and that my disc at L5-S1 was like a "flat tire"(what exactly does that mean). He asked if i wanted a fusion and i said no and he released me. My PCP is referring me to another neurologist because i am still in constant pain. I am currently taking cephadyn to control migraines (which they dont), tramadol, coreg, flexeril, neurotin,and norco. None of these meds work. My insurance ran out so im not under a doctor anymore but did receive medicaid. Sorry for rambling, but im afraid that i will not be approved or even qualify for that matter because im 31 and have 3 years of college. I have worked the last i have worked 10 of the last 14 years as a cashier. im soooooo afraid that the VE at my hearing will say i can do some other type of work, when i can barely walk down 4 steps, need my husband to help with personal hygeine and cant reach completely around to wipe myself. My quality of life as well as a financial strain has taken a toll on my family. Family time is now spent in the ER because my husband is a type 2 diabetic (insulin and oral dependent) or with me in so much pain i can only cry. ANY ADVICE AND ENCOURAGING WORDS NOW WILL MUCH GREATLY APPRECIATED>

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: mzjhnsn
ann1209 (08-02-2012), Crafty Lady (08-06-2012), MOnsterpete (08-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
(male)

MOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB UserMOnsterpete HB User
Re: Upcoming Hearing.

Dont focus on what the Dr.s have diagnosed you with or repeat them to the judge. He's not interested in that. Focus on your dailey diffuculties living with pain, movement, functions, and so on. Med side effects if any. I hope you feel better and good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to MOnsterpete For This Useful Post:
mzjhnsn (08-08-2012)
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

I just had my ssdi hearing on 7-23-12 and now waiting for a decision from the ALJ. I know it is so nervewracking to wait on your hearing. Been there. I hope you have an attorney. The ALJ asked me few questions. He asked the Ve questions and my attorney asked me questions. The hearing lasted 25 minutes. Just tell the truth in your hearing. Now I'am waiting for my decision and this is the worst part of the whole process.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjhnsn View Post
I am new to this forum.......

I have ssdi hearing on 8-8-12 and im overly nervous. I am also afraid that the judge will deny me benefits. I am a 31 year old mother of 2. I have been working since 1998. I have had 2 laser surgeries on both eyes for macular holes 6-8-12 and 6-24-12 along with uncontrollable high blood pressure, anemia,migraines and i had a discectomy at L5-S1 on 3-23-12. The disc reherniated and i had a repeat of the same surgery on 5-7-12. My neurologist told me in July that
L4-L5 was also herniated but he wasnt worried about that and that my disc at L5-S1 was like a "flat tire"(what exactly does that mean). He asked if i wanted a fusion and i said no and he released me. My PCP is referring me to another neurologist because i am still in constant pain. I am currently taking cephadyn to control migraines (which they dont), tramadol, coreg, flexeril, neurotin,and norco. None of these meds work. My insurance ran out so im not under a doctor anymore but did receive medicaid. Sorry for rambling, but im afraid that i will not be approved or even qualify for that matter because im 31 and have 3 years of college. I have worked the last i have worked 10 of the last 14 years as a cashier. im soooooo afraid that the VE at my hearing will say i can do some other type of work, when i can barely walk down 4 steps, need my husband to help with personal hygeine and cant reach completely around to wipe myself. My quality of life as well as a financial strain has taken a toll on my family. Family time is now spent in the ER because my husband is a type 2 diabetic (insulin and oral dependent) or with me in so much pain i can only cry. ANY ADVICE AND ENCOURAGING WORDS NOW WILL MUCH GREATLY APPRECIATED>
The only problem I see is your age and education, but I guess your attorney thinks you have a shot if you dident he/she would not of taken the case. Good luck

Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

I had my hearing this morning. My hearing lasted about 45 minutes. The judge, the VE and my lawyer asked me a few questions. The VE said that there werent any jobs that I could do. This was my lawyers first time in front of this judge, so she wasnt familiar with how the outcome ended. She only said that i could be approved if the judge went with what the VE stated but could change her mind. Now that the hearing wait is over, i know have to wait for an answer in which i dont expect it until September maybe October. My lawyer also stated that she felt very good about the hearing.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

the wait is still the hardest part. my bills were always paid in advance, in which my family has lived off those "advance payments" since April. Starting September we have no source of paying rent or any other types of bills. All i can do at this point is sit back and wait for the mail.

Reply Reply