It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

Hayden1404 HB User
Completely stressing CDR

10 years ago at age 23 i had a shoulder surgery and ended up with multiple damaged nerves in my right arm and hand. I am right handed and deal with Partial paralysis, total arm weakness, my fingers do not extend, wrist drop, spasming, pain etc. i had to resign from my job and began receiving ssd. Over the years my condition has not improved nor is it expected to. I have to take percoset, neurontin, and muscle relaxers for any kind of relief.
Since my initial approval my personal life has changed as i was married, moved to nj and had a baby. I am unable to fully care for my son due to the disability i get by with plenty of help from my husband, mother and family.
In august 2011 i received a long form which my husband filled out for me and personally brought to the local office. About four months went by and I hadn't heard anything so I called and was told everything was fine, just to get a letter in March that the review was not complete and I had to fill out a function form. I did so and then in April I began receiving letters to contact my doctors because they haven't received their medical records. finally in May everything was received now this morning, I received a phone call from the examiner asking what other doctors I saw back when I was first approved. I explained the two Drs im seeing now , my neurologist and orthopedist are the same drs i was seeing for almost 10 years (thats how long ago my disability occurred). He then asked if there're other doctors names I could give him and if I was taking at asthma medication????? I confirmed he said asthma as I thought maybe he meant anxiety since that has been an issue for me as well.
I dont understand 2 things: if I have been seeing the same doctors continuously for 10 years, that have provided info showing no improvement why is he asking for names of doctors that i saw once 9 years ago and # 2 why would he be asking if im taking asthma medication when i have never been diagnosed with asthma, asthma had nothing to do with my original approval??
Im just getting a bad feeling a denial is in my future when i have had no improvement, have always and continuously followed up with my drs for testing, refills on meds etc. maybe its my anxiety kicking in and ive heard noone really gets kicked off unless they go back to work or stop following up with their dr. Im just baffled by the call this am. Thanks for listening!

The following user gives a hug of support to Hayden1404:
Whynowthis (08-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Completely stressing CDR

In order for them to cut you off, SS has to prove you have improved enough to be able to return to work. So if there has been no improvement, I really can't see how they can deny you. My only thoughts on it is maybe the office notes from your doctors are limited. Some doctors just don't put a lot of info in medical records. So if there's not a lot of info in the records they received, they might be looking to see if there are other doctors so they can get more info on your case. They may even send you to one of their doctors if there's just not enough info in your med records. If they were to deny you, I think if you appeal it would be very easy for you to get approved again! With no improvement in your condition, they don't have a leg to stand on!

Good luck, and please keep us posted on how it goes!!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

Hayden1404 HB User
Re: Completely stressing CDR

Thank you. I will update once i hear something. Its already been 11 mOnths since the cdr started. Wish they would hurry up!!!

Reply Reply