It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User
Question Have any of you out there been approved for SSDI using the grid rules?

Just curious. Has anyone out there been approved for ssdi using the grid rules(medical vocational guidelines)? My attorney argued grid rule 201.14 at my hearing. I'am so stressed out for waiting on the decision from the ALJ.I'am 57 years old so I know age is a factor. I became disabled at the age of 53 after an accident.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: Have any of you out there been approved for SSDI using the grid rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Lady View Post
Just curious. Has anyone out there been approved for ssdi using the grid rules(medical vocational guidelines)? My attorney argued grid rule 201.14 at my hearing. I'am so stressed out for waiting on the decision from the ALJ.I'am 57 years old so I know age is a factor. I became disabled at the age of 53 after an accident.
I was approved for blue book listing 4.12b and advance age and because I could not do my job anymore. Worked my last job or 30 years. I was approved by a senior attorney at the hearing level. I recived a OTR. Took one year from start to finish.

The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Thanks for answering. It was decided at my hearing that I could't do my past work. I worked for the same employee for almost 25 years before I became disabled. There was a VE present at my hearing. The judge asked him questions about light and sendetary work. More questions about sendetary work. My orthopaedic dr says I will have a permanent restriction of not lifting over 10 lbs. The VE says I will have transferable skills for light duty and no transferable skills for sendetary work. Hopefully I will be put in the sendetery level. What do you think my chances are for getting approved for disability?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Thanks for answering. It was decided at my hearing that I could't do my past work. I worked for the same employee for almost 25 years before I became disabled. There was a VE present at my hearing. The judge asked him questions about light and sendetary work. More questions about sendetary work. My orthopaedic dr says I will have a permanent restriction of not lifting over 10 lbs. The VE says I will have transferable skills for light duty and no transferable skills for sendetary work. Hopefully I will be put in the sendetery level. What do you think my chances are for getting approved for disability?
Your age is in your favor I think you have a very good chance of winning.

The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Old 08-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Thanks for the encouraging words!
Your welcome

Reply Reply