It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User
Denied!!!

I called the 1 8oo number this morning to check on my status of my disability claim and was told a decision was made and I was denied. The letter was sent out on August 3rd but haven't received any mail about it. I'am so upset about this. Didn't think I would hear this kind of news over the phone. Wish I would have never called. Would have rather received the bad news in a letter. I don't know what to do now. Any advice? The only thing I can figure out why they denied me is my injury was to my left arm and I'am right handed. Do you think my attorney will appeal? This is one of the worst days of my life! Prayers needed!

The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty Lady For This Useful Post:
vann04 (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Re: Denied!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Lady View Post
I called the 1 8oo number this morning to check on my status of my disability claim and was told a decision was made and I was denied. The letter was sent out on August 3rd but haven't received any mail about it. I'am so upset about this. Didn't think I would hear this kind of news over the phone. Wish I would have never called. Would have rather received the bad news in a letter. I don't know what to do now. Any advice? The only thing I can figure out why they denied me is my injury was to my left arm and I'am right handed. Do you think my attorney will appeal? This is one of the worst days of my life! Prayers needed!
Im sorry man they are really clamping down on approvals ,at your age I thought you would have no problem. Ask your attorney what he thinks your chances are or a appeal. Again I'm so sorry. Boy if they are denying people at your age I really feel sorry for the younger ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
Crafty Lady (08-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Have you ever heard of anyone getting told of a denial over the phone before?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Have you ever heard of anyone getting told of a denial over the phone before?
Yes sometimes the people I'll tell you if you were approved or denied, it's a slip of the tongue. As they call it?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
Yes sometimes the people I'll tell you if you were approved or denied, it's a slip of the tongue. As they call it?
I only had my hearing 3 weeks ago this coming Monday. I'am shocked that a decision was made this quick. I called the main ss number and not to the number at odar office. When I get my letter I will call my attorney and se what he says. I'am in a state of shock right now.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I only had my hearing 3 weeks ago this coming Monday. I'am shocked that a decision was made this quick. I called the main ss number and not to the number at odar office. When I get my letter I will call my attorney and se what he says. I'am in a state of shock right now.
I can not emagin how you feel right now.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Quote:
I can not emagin how you feel right now.

It's one of the worst feelings I have ever had. I had so much hope and now none. Thanks for listening to me.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-10-2012 at 12:04 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Crafty Lady
msnova74 (08-10-2012), youtoo1955 (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #8
(male)

Terry6632 HB UserTerry6632 HB User

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I got a denial last week as well with them stating I was not disabled. Yet I sit here in my wheelchair with 4 strokes and diabetes from over a year ago, I only have the use of my right arm and right leg, and numb over most of my body. I'm 62, live by myself, broke without any outside help, and have to live in a RV to boot. Yes, I know how you feel.

The endless waiting everybody here has experienced is bad enough but the constant denials is inhuman. My doctor thinks they are crazy on their descison and that they didn't even contact his office concerning my disability. Also they won't even let me appeal.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-10-2012 at 12:06 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Terry6632
ann1209 (08-11-2012), Crafty Lady (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry6632 View Post
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I got a denial last week as well with them stating I was not disabled. Yet I sit here in my wheelchair with 4 strokes and diabetes from over a year ago, I only have the use of my right arm and right leg, and numb over most of my body. I'm 62, live by myself, broke without any outside help, and have to live in a RV to boot. Yes, I know how you feel.

The endless waiting everybody here has experienced is bad enough but the constant denials is inhuman. My doctor thinks they are crazy on their descison and that they didn't even contact his office concerning my disability. Also they won't even let me appeal.
I too also feel betrayed by my country and also by my attorney. My attorney shouldn't had taken my case if he didn't think I had a chance to win. How long did it take for you to get your denial letter? I haven't gotten mine yet. Just told over the phone by a ssa employee that I was denied. Don't think I should have been told this over the phone. I see you are 62 and I am 57. You would think we would have got approved by the grid rules.Guess they don't count for us. I even thought I was put in the sedentary level with no transferable skills. I don't know if I should appeal or forget the whole thing? My attorney said he would appeal if I lost. But I don't know if he will or I can trust him. Did you have an attorney? I'am still so upset over my denial!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
(female)

youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User

At 62 have you thought about taking early retirement? I know that it means a reduction in your benefits but it would mean you have some income. if your income is low enough that you could also qualify for SSI you would be able to get medicaid also until your medicare kicked in at which point you would be a duel eligible getting both health programs. Sometimes makes you wonder if they are denying someone your age so force them to take early retirement and the reduced benefits.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtoo1955 View Post
At 62 have you thought about taking early retirement? I know that it means a reduction in your benefits but it would mean you have some income. if your income is low enough that you could also qualify for SSI you would be able to get medicaid also until your medicare kicked in at which point you would be a duel eligible getting both health programs. Sometimes makes you wonder if they are denying someone your age so force them to take early retirement and the reduced benefits.
I'm only 57 now if I do get a cdr I will be 62. So I'm not worried right now I'm getting over $2,000 a month. That even after I pay for my Medicare. It could be that they want you to take early retirement ,but she is 57 five years away from early retirement. I just think that ssa is starting to clamping down on approvals.

Last edited by vann04; 08-10-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
(female)

youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User

Quote:
I'm only 57 now if I do get a cdr I will be 62. So I'm not worried right now I'm getting over $2,000 a month. That even after I pay for my Medicare. It could be that they want you to take early retirement ,but she is 57 five years away from early retirement. I just think that ssa is starting to clamping down on approvals.
I was replying to the other person who was denied who is 62 on this thread.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtoo1955 View Post
I was replying to the other person who was denied who is 62 on this thread.
Ok boy I thought you were talking about me. That's a relief I was about to go to Walmart and get one of those greeter jobs.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
(female)

Crafty Lady HB User

Quote:
I already get a small retirement check from the state but it is not enough to live on. I had to take retirement early because of my accident and I could no longer perform my job duties. I worked for the state of Texas for almost 25 years. Do you think I should apply for SSI?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
(female)

Quote:
I already get a small retirement check from the state but it is not enough to live on. I had to take retirement early because of my accident and I could no longer perform my job duties. I worked for the state of Texas for almost 25 years. Do you think I should apply for SSI?
SSI has the same medical criteria as SSDI once you are over 18 so it will not help you. You have to go through the same process as applying for SSDI. SSI is for those who have qualified for SSDI or are retired and their income is under $720 a month. Or you are someone who has never worked but are disabled you can get SSI only but it is less than those who get SSDI or are retired. Not only does SSI have a medical criteria it also has an income one if you are not working they do not count the first $20 but if you receive more than $720 you will not qualify in most cases for any SSI.

Reply Reply