It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

Lily43 HB User
SSDI Psych Appointment cancelled after already going to it.

Hi I am 43 years old and I have Cerebral Palsy, I use a walker and have Osteoarthritis in both hips, lower back, neck, and right foot. I also suffer from depression, anxiety, and phoebia. Long story short - back in 1989 I was approved for ssi, ten years later my benefits were converted to SSDI. In 2001 I had used my TWP, but stopped working shortly after and from then on only did part time work which kept me under SGA and allowed me to keep my benefits. My eligibility was reviewed in 2010 and the SSA deemed me still disabled. This all occurred in Minnesota. In 2011 my husband and I moved to IL for his job. Four months after moving I took a full time job for two months and switched to another full time job lasting 6 mos. I notified the local SSA office and my benefits were to be cut due to SGA earnings. My physical state was declining due to age and needing my hip replace so I stopped working in May 2012. I then went to the local SSA office and the agent talked me into doing a brand new application for SSDI so my current work earnings would be counted and I would get a brand new Trial work period, and the normal 5 month wait period is waived because I previously recieved ssdi benefits. They have reports from an psychologist, orthopedic doctor, and internal medicine doctor here in IL which I had only seen each a couple of times before new application was filed. SSDA sent me letters saying I needed to see their internal medicine doctor on Aug 13,2012 and their psychiatrist on Aug 17, 2012 and I attended both appointments with my husband. Yesterday in the mail on Aug 24,2012 I received a letter dated Aug 21, 2012 stating that they were canceling my appointment with the shrink for Aug 17 this occurred after I had already been to the appointment. First of all I don't understand why I would need to see their doctors considering my long medical records from MN. I have had over 16 Orthopedic sugeries in my life, I cannot walk more than a half of block, I can only stand for maybe 5 to 10 minutes tops, use a walker or motorized cart, my husband and 13 year old do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping and laundry, and extreme pain and extreme swelling in my lower legs puts me in bed several times throughout the day. Can anyone advise me if SSA cancelled this appointment after the fact is it a good sign I will get approved and if they deny me can I go back and file a Expedieted reinstatement on my original file. Any insight would be helpful!

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply