It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

9 lv spinal fus HB User9 lv spinal fus HB User9 lv spinal fus HB User
Approved!!!

I just received a call today at home from SSA and they told me I was approved and she asked me a bunch of questions and bank accounts and so fourth. My question now is when will I start receiving money?? Does any1 have any idea???

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: 9 lv spinal fus
sandiemas (08-31-2012), Whynowthis (09-01-2012), youtoo1955 (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
(female)

youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User
Re: Approved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9 lv spinal fus View Post
I just received a call today at home from SSA and they told me I was approved and she asked me a bunch of questions and bank accounts and so fourth. My question now is when will I start receiving money?? Does any1 have any idea???
Congrats you are almost at the end of the journey. It has been to long ago for me to be able to tell you how much longer for my son it was another three weeks. However as we all know the only thing you can count on in this journey is you can not count on anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

I think it was 3 or 4 weeks before I got my back pay. I was approved in June and got my first monthly payment in August.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
(female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

I had my hearing in April, fully favorable, started to get letters and information rgarding backpay with in a few days. But had to go to ssi interview even though I didn't qualify had to go through the motions. I had my backpay auto deposited into checking account within a month of ssi appt. Seemed like forever but in sceme of things it was pretty quick. Actually received the money befor the letter of explanation. So, congrats to you and I hope you get your back pay soon!

C5-C6 tear/buldge
C6-C7 ACDF
T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
Disectomy L5/S1
Anxiety
PTSD
Chronic Pain

Old 09-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Congrats!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!! I've been rooting for you for awhile now really hoping you would get approved without having to go to trial again! This is your second time around isn't it?? Well I just knew you would get approved even though someone on here told you to go back to work because "people work with spinal fusions all the time", obviously they don't understand what it's like to have a fusion themselves, let alone a 9 LEVEL fusion!!! Sorry for that rant, but I was just really upset before with others on here, but I have ALWAYS believed in your disability and am just so happy for you!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Oh, and are you getting SSI with your SSDI? I got both and received a portion of my SSI backpay within days of talking to them on the phone. The monthly payment took about 6-8 weeks, and by then I had all my backpay!!!

Reply Reply