It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

orlando75 HB User
Question someone please help,i got letter from ssi and have no clue????

partially favorable decision.Another office will process my decision and decide if you meet the non-disability requirements for supplemental security income payments."decision" from the period of march 1st 2010 through date of this decision ,a finding of "disabled" is therefore under the framework of the above cited rule 202.07.The claimant has been under a disability ,as defined in the social security act,from march 1st 2010,through date of decision.Based on the claimants app. for ssi filed february 2002,the claimant has been disabled since march 2010,under section 1614(a)(3)(A) of the social security act.(Because the october 13 2011 order of appeals council rendered the claimants march 31st ,2010 ssi application a duplicate of her february 28, 2002 ssi application ,any payment of ssi benefits will be based on the february 28,2002 application.)The component of the social security administration responsible for authorizing ssi will advise the claimant regarding the nondisability requirements for these payments and ,if the claimant is elgible,the amount and the months for which payment will be made. A medical improvement continuing disability review should be conducted in 18 months. signed ALJ

Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: someone please help,i got letter from ssi and have no clue????

What ?'s do you have? You were approved your disability. Sounds like they just didn't agree with the start date you requested, but you are approved. They will calculate your amounts and send you another letter. Then they will review you again in 18 months to see if you are still disabled. Let me know if u have other questions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Whynowthis For This Useful Post:
orlando75 (09-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
(female)

orlando75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynowthis View Post
What ?'s do you have? You were approved your disability. Sounds like they just didn't agree with the start date you requested, but you are approved. They will calculate your amounts and send you another letter. Then they will review you again in 18 months to see if you are still disabled. Let me know if u have other questions.
so what do u think it means about the applications bn duplicate from 2002 and 2010 and my payments will be based on 2002 application.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

I have no idea about that. I would call SSI about that if you have specific questions about that. They will be able to help you better. Sorry I couldn't help you out better. The only thing I could tell is you must have also filed back in 2002, and they are saying they are not approving you back to that date, only to 2010. At least that's what it sounds like to me. Your best bet is to just call them! Good luck!

orlando75 (09-18-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

And I could even be wrong about that. I just know that "partially favorable" means you are approved, but not for the dates you requested.

orlando75 (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
(female)

orlando75 HB User

thank you for your reply to my disability question,im just frustated a little that i waited and fought ten years and struggled and suffered to get a favorable decision for 2 and half years .i knew this judge was gonna approve me,and it only took about a month,now i just wait to talk to my lawyer friday to find out what my letter means.i am happy and grateful for anything i get ,i just hope its a decent amount ,i have 2 kids im raising on my own ,and one of them is disabled to,he has autism and i homeschool him.anything right now would help,i just hope its enough to do the things i need,thats all!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to orlando75:
Whynowthis (09-18-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
(male)

vprdhm12345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynowthis View Post
i received a fully favorable decision on 9/2012.the judge has said as of 5/2011, when i filed my claim is the aod, but also said that i have been disabled since 2007 per ssi standards, does this 2007 date have any baring on my case,i originally filed in 8/31/2008 and i claimed 2003 as start date of my disability. quote: from judge, although the claimant has alleged an earlier disability onset date of ?/2003 supplemental security income does not become payable until the month after the month in which the app is filed,assuming all eligibility requirements are met. thus the established onset date will not reduce the amount of supplemental security income the claimant may be eligible to receive and this decision is ,therefore,fully favorable to the claimant. end of quote: ? what does it all mean

Reply Reply