It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User
Decision Writer

Hello everyone, I had my hearing on 8-8-12. I called the SSA on 9-17-12 and was told that the judge had made a decision and that it was with a decision writer. Can anybody give me any insight? My landlord has given me 30 days to catch up on my rent or get out and my car has been repossed.IS THIS A GOOD SIGN THAT MY FILE IS AT THE DECISION WRITER?

Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #2
(female)

princess9483 HB User
Re: Decision Writer

Hi MZ! Welcome to the forum! When it makes it to a decision writer it is neither a bad nor good sign. It is just another step that must be taken and unfortunately it can take longer than 30 days for this step to complete. So I would recommend at least getting a plan together to move unfortunately.

When SSA told me that it took I believe a month to get the decision and 2 more weeks to get any money but that was in 2010 so things might be different now.

I am sorry for your misfortune but believe that it is hopefully only 2 more months before everything will be right as rain again. Good luck!!

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-22-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

All that means is that a decision has been made and the letter is being written up. Decision writers write up all approval and denials. So it only means a letter is being written. Then it has to go back to the judge to approve. If the judge wants to make changes it goes back to the writers again and then back to the judge to sign off. Hopefully you will get your decision soon!

I wish you good luck!! Keep us posted!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Whynowthis For This Useful Post:
mzjhnsn (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess9483 View Post
Hi MZ! Welcome to the forum! When it makes it to a decision writer it is neither a bad nor good sign. It is just another step that must be taken and unfortunately it can take longer than 30 days for this step to complete. So I would recommend at least getting a plan together to move unfortunately.

When SSA told me that it took I believe a month to get the decision and 2 more weeks to get any money but that was in 2010 so things might be different now.

I am sorry for your misfortune but believe that it is hopefully only 2 more months before everything will be right as rain again. Good luck!!

Im hoping for the best. This morning my parents and my sister paid 3 months rent for me. My dad went to his bank yesterday and was able to work out something with my car loan and now i have my car back. Hopefully my outcome will be a good one. When my lawyer called and gave me a case update, she only said what she said after my hearing that i should be approved because the VE said that there were no jobs that i could do from my past and that non existed in the economy today that i could do.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

I will keep everyone updated. I am thankful for this forum because everyone has been through this process before or they are in the process of it. Everyone understands the anger, frustration, and venting and is always there to offer those words of encouragement.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

Called the SSA back today and the lady put me on hold alot and updated the information that i had just verified. she put me on hold again and re-verified my info including the correct way the name of my street was spelled. She then gave me the address and phone number to my local office which i already had and the phone number. I asked why she was giving me all the information i already had and verifying the information over and over. She then said that she just wanted to make sure that my information was correct because the SSA would be contacting me. I asked her why again and she told me to wait until they contact. I called back knowing that i would be talking to a different agent and it must have been quitting time for her because she told me that i just spoke to somebody and whatever they said should have been good enough for me and hung up. Any insight anyone ??

Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjhnsn View Post
Called the SSA back today and the lady put me on hold alot and updated the information that i had just verified. she put me on hold again and re-verified my info including the correct way the name of my street was spelled. She then gave me the address and phone number to my local office which i already had and the phone number. I asked why she was giving me all the information i already had and verifying the information over and over. She then said that she just wanted to make sure that my information was correct because the SSA would be contacting me. I asked her why again and she told me to wait until they contact. I called back knowing that i would be talking to a different agent and it must have been quitting time for her because she told me that i just spoke to somebody and whatever they said should have been good enough for me and hung up. Any insight anyone ??
It's important to remain positive! But I wouldn't read too much into this. You can never tell why the reps at SSA do or say anything. So I wouldn't read anything into it either way. And they can't tell you the decision over the phone anyway, so it's best to not call, just wait for the letter. All calling is going to do is frustrate you!!! So, just try to be patient (believe me, I KNOW how hard that is at this point!) and wait for the letter to come. Try to do things to keep your mind occupied and not thinking about this.
Good luck!!!! Be sure to keep us posted!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User
Lightbulb Re: Decision Writer

Called my ODAR office this morning and they said my file was still with the decision writers. When i received my mail today, i got a direct express card. i never signed up for this card or gave any direct deposit information during my initial application. Is this a good sign or am i just reading to much into this??

Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
(female)

BipolarGal HB User

Hi - I am also in the same place. A decision was made on my case and it is now with the decision writers. I can't get anyone to tell me what the determination of the case was. It is very frustrating - my hearing was June 6, 2012...this whole process started in Nov. of 2004. It has taken forever! You are lucky to have such an understanding family. Good luck with your case!

The Following User Says Thank You to BipolarGal For This Useful Post:
mzjhnsn (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

Maybe you can call the SSA or have your lawyer call on your behalf and ask them where your case is.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

Well i finally received a decision. After 2 years, a VE saying that i couldnt work and also statements from a neuro and my PCP, i was still denied.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
(female)

BipolarGal HB User

Sorry to hear of your decision...hopefully you can appeal and a new administrative law judge will take a closer look at you. This system is long and hard. Going on with appeals of nine years for me. It is so sad.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #13
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User
Unhappy Re: Decision Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolarGal View Post
Sorry to hear of your decision...hopefully you can appeal and a new administrative law judge will take a closer look at you. This system is long and hard. Going on with appeals of nine years for me. It is so sad.

I guess that is what i get from assuming. i received a direct express card in the mail a few weeks ago and i thought that you could only get the card if you were receiving benefits because the ssa had to verify the information. I did not apply for the card. And boy was my lawyer wrong, she assumed also that i won after the hearing.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzjhnsn For This Useful Post:
Whynowthis (11-02-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

I don't understand either why you would have received a direct express card. I too would have assumed it was an approval. Seems like a waste of money for them to make cards for people who are going to be denied. What a waste of resources. The only thing I can think of is they initially were going to approve you, and a decision was changed???
Anyway, I would definitely appeal this, and mention the direct express card situation. Good luck to you!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 11-01-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
(female)

mzjhnsn HB User

I think I am about to fire my lawyer. I know things about my file before they do. I am still waiting on a call back since last Friday. Only her receptionist tells me that they will look into the matter and call me back.

Reply Reply