It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Had my hearing today

Quote:
Originally Posted by August59 View Post
Just a quick question - When you finally get your decision letter from the ALJ is it just short and sweet letter saying approved or do they go into a lot of specifics as to why they found you favorable or otherwise.

Another way of putting it is if your approved, the letter states approved and maybe says how much you will be drawing each month and that;s about it - a one pager. If you ae denied, do they give you specifics as to why you were denied. Something that may be useful in your appeal to the next level?

Thanks
I received an approval letter. Across the top of the letter it stated "Fully Favorable". Then the letter was about 10 pages going into the specifics of WHY I was approved. About a month later an "Award letter" came in the mail explaining my monthly benefits, my backpay amount, and when they would review my case again to see if I was still disabled.
Good luck to you! Be sure to come back and keep us posted!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 10-18-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Reply Reply