HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Health Insurance Issues (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/)
-   -   ALJ hearing update (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/health-insurance-issues/922765-alj-hearing-update.html)

sickandtired99 10-12-2012 03:02 PM

ALJ hearing update

I know it's been awhile but I wanted to update how my hearing went.

I got a fully favorable decision of disability.

The judge made the decision based on medical records and testimony...the fact that I faint frequently was a major factor in determination - the VE said I would be a liablity not only to myself but to employers...that eroded the database for attainable jobs. I believe a part was due to my need to have my heart monitoring unit with me also.

I would celebrate but I'm so physically and emotionally drained after the past 3 years I can't right now.

Jacki345 10-13-2012 03:01 PM

Re: ALJ hearing update

CONGRATS to you S & T!! I know that was a LONG 3 years. But I know you feel very relieved it over. the pressure has been lifted off your shoulders!

I could not be more happy for you. Do find the time to celebrate! You do deserve it. Even if its a tiny little celebration - or maybe go buy yourself something very special.

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS

Hugs
:cool:

Whynowthis 10-15-2012 05:10 AM

:cool: Congrats!!!! Yeah!! Happy dance!!!! :bouncing: :cool:

sickandtired99 10-15-2012 07:42 AM

thank you =) I learned alot from this forum and wanted to make sure I said thank you for all the help...I know it's still not over yet - the waiting begins for benefits

I'm a bit confused about medicare though; it says it's a 24 month waiting period so does that mean from the date I filed or the date the judge said I was disabled or is there another date I'm not aware of?;)

I noticed this was put under health insurance issues but it's Social Security Disability (SSD) no clue if I mistakenly put it in the wrong one?

Whynowthis 10-15-2012 07:48 AM

It's 24 months from the date your benefits begin, actually 29 months from the date the judge says is the date you became disabled. (5 months is the waiting period)

sickandtired99 10-15-2012 08:27 AM

ty that answers it perfectly and I'll get my medicare soon yay =0

August59 11-04-2012 10:55 PM

Medicare eligibilty starts 24 months after your verified onset date. But, here is the part I don't understand. After the 24 months are up you have to wait for the 5 month Medicare waiting period. So, it is really 29 months from your onset date.

At least that is the way it was explained to me or I very well could have completely misunderstood.

[QUOTE=sickandtired99;5072554]thank you =) I learned alot from this forum and wanted to make sure I said thank you for all the help...I know it's still not over yet - the waiting begins for benefits

I'm a bit confused about medicare though; it says it's a 24 month waiting period so does that mean from the date I filed or the date the judge said I was disabled or is there another date I'm not aware of?;)

I noticed this was put under health insurance issues but it's Social Security Disability (SSD) no clue if I mistakenly put it in the wrong one?[/QUOTE]