It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
(male)

lithium1986 HB User
SSI for bi-polar?

hello, I have had bi-polar as long as i could really remember, The constant feeling of being worthless, Feeling like everyone is looking and judging you, Sleepy for periods of 3,to 4 days straight , and still feeling drained. feeling as happy as one man could ever feel, and losing all hope the very next second. It makes it so much harder being with my girlfriend that i love so dearly, that she has to go through the episodes that i have about 6 times out of the month, that could last more then 5 days at a time, he really is the best thing n my life, and it tears me to pieces knowing how the sickness i have impacts her life, it really breaks my heart, she says its not a bother, but i know it it, cause it kills me, Just wishing i could be happy all the time, and not let something control mylife, in which it dose, it always gets the better side of me, and 99% of the time i dont even see it coming, till im on the brink of suicide, i have tried having a job, and just cant keep one, cause of the constant depression, feeling no self worth, like others are always talking about me, and making fun of me, no being able to talk to others cause of the fear of being judged, cant focus on more the one task at a time, cause my mind is always trying to focus on a hundred things at once, always racing thoughts, So saying all this, would it be possible for me to get ssi? I also have depression, adhd, add, and bi-polar, any advice would be nice, and welcome, thanks all, lithium1986

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
(male)

james4478 HB Userjames4478 HB User
Re: living with bi-polar

Hello
I am sorry to hear that you should be able to get ssi you need all your medical recards and mental recards after fill out the application
they well send you forms to give to your doctors to fill out and then you or they have to send them back to ssi
Good luck i ben fighting for 3 to 4 years now
But befor you get you have to have a hearing to see if you are eligible
Good luck and God bless

Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
(female)

hope and pray HB User

The first thing to do is get a lawyer because if you file on your own they will just deny you. In my situation I didn't have to pay upfront, he took 30% of my backpay. It took 1 year 9 months and 27 days to go through. It might take longer now. You do have to have all your medical records from all the doctors you've seen so your lawyer can prepare the best case he can. You also might show how many different jobs you have had and lost. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
(male)

Ryan77043 HB User

Yes you can get SSI. try looking for MHMR or MHMRA in your area. Demonstrate your need for assistance/treatment and ask about a "Social Security liason" they will help by filling out the forms for you. if not the lawyer thing will work too, just another idea.

Reply Reply