It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

itsjustme74 HB User
Question SSDI Award Letter question

I spoke with SSA today and found out that my award letter had went out but to the wrong address so she resent it to me. She also stated that my first payment won't be until January, which is odd because I am owed backpay and need to pay my attorney their cut for representation. And the payment in January is just a regular payment. They did have the wrong banking account information in the system, which she updated for me over the phone and scheduled and appt for me to add my kids. Should I call back about my backpay possibly be rejected by the old account? (It's closed) or is it possible it hasn't been processed yet because of my kids and do I need to just hold out and continue to wait to see if it hits my new account now that they have the information?

thanks for any insight in advance and sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

jakai HB User
Re: SSDI Award Letter question

I got my back pay between my 2nd and 3rd SSDI payments

The Following User Says Thank You to jakai For This Useful Post:
itsjustme74 (12-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
(female)

itsjustme74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakai View Post
I got my back pay between my 2nd and 3rd SSDI payments
Thank you for you input. I found out that somehow my atty applied for SSI as well as SSDI so that's the hold up on my back pay. I had my appt for my kids and they were awarded and got back pay as well. I am hoping that the SSI doesn't hold up their money as well. Looks like I will get my first monthly payment before I receive my backpay at the rate I'm going.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User

SS should pay your attorney for you. They fill out a form saying how they want to be paid. It should come out of your back pay. My attorney is being paid that way.

Last edited by RTgirl2011; 12-27-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Reply Reply