It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
(female)

fibrowendy HB User
Question Fully Favorable the Review?

My friend got her decision letter from Judge FF.a WEEK Later
SSA 800# Said Appeals council sent it back to a judge??huh??
How can AC review her case in a week with all the backlog
Or was the SSA worker just being mean.He lawyer is gone on Vacation
This is crazy...anyone know anything about FF getting reversed in 8 days

Thanks

Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Fully Favorable the Review?

Hi Fibrowendy! I was starting to wonder where you went! All of a sudden you disappeared! Did you ever get your decision?? Anyway, in answer to your question, the approval letter DOES state that within the first either 30-60 days (I can't remember which) the appeals council can review some cases if they think the judge may have made a wrong decision. The workers aren't being "mean", they are just doing their job, and they only have a limited time to review these. Personally I would rather them do it that quickly rather than after I received and spent my backpay. And it doesn't necessarily mean they are going to deny benefits, it just means they are going to review the decision. I think these reviews are happening more often in cases where judges have very high approval ratings. Do you know the judges approval rating?
Anyway, I was worried about you after not hearing from you on here in so long. I had my fingers crossed for you all this time for your decision! I hope you've heard by now, and that it was an approval!!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 11-30-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
(female)

fibrowendy HB User
Smile Re: Fully Favorable the Review?

Hi It's me

I got a FULLY FAVORABLE DECISION IN THE MAIL LAST FRIDAY
WhooHoo.I am glad you missed me..lol My ALJ made my onset date 9/25/2010.The same day I received my decision letter on the 24th I also received a letter from my Local office that I have a phone interview on 12.3 at 8am. I am worried allot of people I know say after a FULLY FAVORABLE decision has been made the appeals councils has been reviewing them.I called the 800# twice and mine still says pending too.Appeals council probably grabbed mine since I am young 43 and it's a fibro case..I hope if that would of happened Nov 20th I would have received a notice about it by now Or my local office would had canceled my interview then..cross your fingers for me

Thanks Wendy

Old 12-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Did you apply for SSI too? If so, then the phone interview is usually just to go over financial information to make sure you qualify for those benefits. The local office processes SSI benefits, at least after the decision is made by the alj, so since you received the letter the same day its probably just that. So I wouldn't worry about it!! I'm sure you will be fine! Congrats on the approval!!!!!!!

Last edited by Whynowthis; 12-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Whynowthis:
fibrowendy (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
(female)

fibrowendy HB User

Hi I applied on line for SSDI AND NOW MY CLAIM IS CONCURRENT. I never applied for SSI. But SSA did on my claim on there behalf.So now I have to go through all of there process before I get award letters for either.I only want SSDI my onset date is 9/25/2010. I should have taken my Son's BC and SS number to local office but letter says 12/3 phone interview at 8am about wages.What is next.800# still says pending..Is it because I haven't cleared up concurrent award???Thanks 4 the help..I have the encrypted CD from SSA and pass word..but can't read anything.It was err no file ...confusing

Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
(female)

fibrowendy HB User

My friend got her fully favorable decision in the mail and a appointment date with local office..but then local office cancelled and said it was in review.I have heard this more often now. Especially under 50 awards and fibro/CFS awards.So If I go into review for some reason from AC..CHECKING ON ALJ approved decision ..SSA pays benefits while they check for error..Just more BS SSA is doing to people
Wendy

Reply Reply