It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

radcts HB User
Smile fully favorable!

Had a very warbled message on my voicemail that said I needed to call SS to update my information. Didn't recognize the number so I called SS. I was told that the last contact THEY had for me was my decision letter and after some checking it was my local office and not a scammer trying to get information. The gentleman I spoke with then went back to explain the letter which was a fully favorable decision! My prayers have been answered and this nightmare us coming to an end!

The following user gives a hug of support to radcts:
Whynowthis (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: fully favorable!

Congrats!!!!! I know it is SUCH a relief to get that news!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
(female)

radcts HB User

Thank you whynowthis. I found out quite by accident,my local SSI called me to update my information but the message he left sounded garbled and I was afraid it was some sort of scam so I called the 800 number and they told me About the decision. Still haven't received the letter or anything yet but I imagine that may be because of the holidays.
It is such a relief though! Now instead of making myself sick about finances I can focus more on getting my health stabilized and not how I'm going to pay for treatments. I know that there are tons of people out there waiting on theirs and just wanted to say there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User

Congrats!!! How long did have to wait? I applied in July and have already been approved. However my file was chosen for a QA review. Which totally sucks, this process takes an additional 30-60 days. My case went for review on December 4. SS told me they rarely take the whole sixty days and that I should know something in next couple of weeks. I called my attorney to inquired about the review and she told me they rarely overturn decisions at this point. I want to be excited and feel a sense of relief, but I still have wait a little longer.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
(female)

radcts HB User

RT this has been a loooong process for me. I had a stroke 11/07 and became completely unable to work 8/08. I filed in 09 and was denied so I let the matter drop. Never, ever do that! I applied again 7/10 and was denied again but this time I got an attorney and appealed. My hearing was 12/3/12 and I was told I was fully favorable on 12/17/12 with my disability date effective back to 08 although I still haven't seen any paperwork. It's a relief to have that part over and done but it won't really be over til the papers are in my hand and the check in the bank. Don't give up even if on some outside chance you do get overturned. Keep at it! Good luck and I'll be sure to say a prayer for you!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User

I have bipolar disorder and have had five back surgeries, going to have number 6 here in the future. I actually applied back in 2011 for my bipolar disorder and got denied in two months. I had to go see one of their psychologists. So I didn't pursue it any farther, I didn't have an attorney. I tried to do it on my own. This time I did it right. I hired an attorney right out of the hospital. Unfortunately, I found out five months later that the attorney I hired never even filed a claim on me. I was so mad I fired them and applied online myself. Then I found myself another attorney and she has been very helpful. She talks to me if I call with a question. I have never had to talk to a legal assistant. I also haven't had to go see one of their doctor for an exam. I am happy about that. She is confident that my decision will be upheld. I am just tired of waiting and having to barely survive off my husbands paycheck. I am very fortunate that my waiting has only been a few months.

The following user gives a hug of support to RTgirl2011:
radcts (12-27-2012)
Reply Reply