It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
(female)

sjhart HB User
Deniel of SSDI widows backpay

I filled mout paperwork for SSDI and survivors backpay. Was told be SSA that I proberly can rceive SSI backpay so I filled out paperwork for SSI. Meantime Social Security held backpay for SSDI and survivors backpay until determined if I'm eligible for SSI backpay. I received 5360.00 backpay from SSI. I also was eligible for around 6530.00 for SSDI backpay and 12,000.00 on survivors benifits. I received a letter month later saying because I received backpay for SSI I no longer eligible to receive backpay for SSDI or suvivors benifits. Is this true was never told if I recevied SSi backpay I wouldnt get other backpay. I waited 3 years for benifits would have never applied for SSi backpay if I knew couldnt get others I receive SSDI and survivor benifits each month but never recieved SSI benifit not eligible only before approved I was homeless lost my husband moved from Wa to Ca waiting for case to be approved and I really feel cheated. Is there anything I can do have 2 children Im raising

The following user gives a hug of support to sjhart:
Whynowthis (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Deniel of SSDI widows backpay

You should still receive some of your other backpay. What they usually do is subtract SOME of what you got from SSI from the SSDI because a portion of it is for the same time period. You should still get an additional amount. I got both SSI and SSDI for backpay, but I got 3 or 4 letters in all explaining how the backpayments work. They make it sound very confusing. Have you tried calling the 1800 number to ask about this? When did you get your SSI backpayment? It seems to me it took about 3 payments to get ALL my backpay, and my SSDI came about 6 weeks after the SSI.

Last edited by Whynowthis; 12-31-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply