It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

bott482 HB User
Unhappy SSDI Quality Review Board???

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows anybody who has been denied after being approved at the DDS level. My approval went to QRB on Dec. 4 2012 and now my DDS worker said yesterday she is getting worried to because they usually come back with 2-4 weeks. Just praying it is because of the holidays.....just so worried.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-02-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User
Re: SSDI Quality Review Board???

My SSD case was sent to the QRB on December 4 as well. It could take up to sixty days to get thru the review. I was told by my local social security office that it could be feb 2 before I get a Notice of Award. The SS office and my attorney both told me that they rarely overturn decisions during the review. You probably have nothing to worry about, We just have to wait a little longer. I know its hard but we can make it. I know I am ready for some back pay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
(female)

bott482 HB User

Thank You, yes I am getting worried hopefully for nothing. At first the lady at SSA told me they hardly ever overturn and decisions. but she just called ( was returning my call from last week ) She said they are still working on it and it could go either way. Why did she tell me that now? IDK so frustrated hopefully we will know something soon. Keep me posted if you hear anything, I will too. Good Luck!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User

I'll admit it I am worried too. I have distracted myself with all the things i could catch up on with my back pay. Plus I have an upcoming MRI and a couple of doctors appointments. I am trying not think about getting a denial in the mail. I would be heartbroken. Its very frustrating cause they are not the one's in need of money and in pain. They will never know whats like to have to wait for something this important. Hang in there, we will be done soon. Was this first time applying or was it an appeal?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
(female)

maxflash5 HB User

Adecision was made at the DDS level on January 8th and immediately pulled for Quality Review Board. No one has told me what the original decision was...seeing I am reading others saying they were approved I am wondering if that means I was denied? I am freaking out! My life is going down the tubes as I wait for a decision for another 60 days that may have been a denial all along. Did others ask their DDS worker what decision she had made? Mine told me she is no longer in charge of my case and to call me local office for status updates. I asked them about he original decision and they said it didn't matter because that would not be the one I would appeal if it cae to that....it would be the one from QRB.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
(female)

My case went to quality review on December 4. I received my back pay on January 4, even before I got my notice of award in the mail. My local case worker told me that my case had been approved but had been sent to the QRB. So don't give up it probably won't be 60 days that you have to wait.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
(female)

bott482 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxflash5 View Post
Adecision was made at the DDS level on January 8th and immediately pulled for Quality Review Board. No one has told me what the original decision was...seeing I am reading others saying they were approved I am wondering if that means I was denied? I am freaking out! My life is going down the tubes as I wait for a decision for another 60 days that may have been a denial all along. Did others ask their DDS worker what decision she had made? Mine told me she is no longer in charge of my case and to call me local office for status updates. I asked them about he original decision and they said it didn't matter because that would not be the one I would appeal if it cae to that....it would be the one from QRB.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Don't worry I made myself sick over the whole situation. Mine took 31 days in QRB, and then I received my money dd in my bank within two days of coming out of QRB. Go to your local office and be persistant about seeing someone. they will be able to give you more info on whats going on. I am sure you are probably approved, from what I know, mostly approvals go to QRB. Also, SS told me last year only 600 out of 40,000 came out of QRB with kickbacks to the local level. Hope this helps with the worries,I know it is soooo frustrating, but your thru the worst of it. Good Luck.

Reply Reply