It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User
Feet problems and Disability

I am a 58 year-old guy with a long history of back, feet, ankle, and knee problems. I've had several falls, auto accidents, and fractures/sprains/breaks in my feet and toes, fairly bad DDD, previous vertabrae and hip fractures, etc. Over the past 2 years, my feet have gone crazy. I've always had a tendency to roll my feet out to the sides when walking, shoes always wear heavily to the outside of the heel. I've developed Neuromas on both balls of my feet causing bad balance and back/hip pain galore.

I can't stand for more than 30 minutes, can't sit for more than 30 minutes because of back pain, feels like stepping on nails each step, laying down 2-4 times a daynow, down to only 8-10 hours of work a week per Dr.'s note. I have had no alternative but to file for SS Disability. Knowing the particulars, it appears that SSI won't usually give Disability to folks with feet issues. Anyone here have any info that they could share on this?

Thanks, JB

Reply Reply