It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User
Psychologist writes reports

A few questions for the veterans of SSD. I received my denial and now have an attorney handling the reconsideration. My issues are 30 years years of Inflammatory Bowel disease, Crohn's, OCD, Depression and Generalized anxiety. My Psychiatrist was not interested in helping my cause and refused a request for records. I asked my attorney for a referral if they have had positive results with anyone in particular. So, a name materialized and I went to see her and she said she specialized in 'writing reports' for disability cases, then she gave me some pricing and a minimum of 6-8 visits to establish a working relationship... She was less interested in hearing my saga. She said I should eat better and try to relax! Wow, it's just all business I guess, no tip toeing around. Yes, I would like something documented for sure but it felt pretty slimy at the time talking about it so frankly. Question is; Do these reports that they write actually help someones case? She also told me not to hesitate to go to the local ER if I feel bad since those visits will also generate a paper trail and Xrays, or a CT and maybe a stay at an inpatient psyche ward with 3-square! She was very excited about that.... I just about puked after the appointment.

Some posts here mention going to court appointed medical exams etc... Or, going to voc rehab. When do these situations become neccessary. It seems like I have enough going on with me to win my case -but maybe it just needs to be repackaged? Its a long slog already and I'm still at the beginning. Also, can SSI be had now while the SSD case lingers in the waiting zone?

Thnx,

Iso-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

LadyVols HB UserLadyVols HB UserLadyVols HB UserLadyVols HB UserLadyVols HB UserLadyVols HB User
Re: Psychologist writes reports

If YOU request your med records, the Doctor can't deny you. It might depend on what your old Dr said in comparison to the new Doctor, but yes, those reports will help a whole lot.

Reply Reply