It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
(male)

ManOhManUSA HB User
ssdi rectification

Hi all not posted on here for sometime. Dealing with life can be a full time job as most of you know.

I come here today to ask about ssdi rectification. I have been on ssdi for a few years. My onset date is 2007. I got a form in the mail that I had to fill out for rectification. At 1st I was like OMG and just set it aside. A few days latter I started to fill it out and had a full blown panic attack, and passed out. Next day I toke a clonazepam and filled that sucker out.

Been a few days now, but I'm soooo down I think I have slept a whole week away already. So stressful!

My question is has anybody else done this, or gone through the process?
Any guess to the odds of being turned down? Is this like trying to get SSDI in the 1st place? Like 90% get turned down and you have to appeal and fight?

Also if you have done this yourself can you tell me how long you waited for your rectification? Month 90days? Also if you had to appeal for rectification how long did that all take and did you win in the end?

I hope i'm just geting worked up over nothing, but man this week has been hell. Let me know I'm really freckling out

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
(male)

ManOhManUSA HB User
Re: ssdi rectification

Anybody? You ould could even lie, anything would make me feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

If you have been seeing your doctor regularly.Taking the meds prescribed for your disability, Have not had any schooling (college courses,online courses ect.) Your condition has not improved. Then you should have no problems. You should hear in about 2 months. Unless it takes longer for them to get your medical records. Its not at all like the 1st time getting it.
The 1st time you had to prove that you were not able to work and you did so. Now they would have to prove that your medical condition has improved. if you've been seeing your doc and taking your meds then you haven't improved.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
(male)

ManOhManUSA HB User

Thank you for the info.

Extreme nervousness still. :/

Old 04-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

takilma13 HB User

I have the same kind of reaction when I get any kind of official letter, I instantly have a panic attack which makes it very hard for me to drive home from the post office. I have had several re-certification letters come, which took awhile for me to fill out and return. My disorders make it so that my thoughts are all jumbled and I can not function well under stress I feel as if I can't breathe, than I feel like I am having a heart attack.I have to go straight home to my cave. What really sucks is that I can not take klonopin (which is the only thing I found helps) due to my liver disease so I just have to ride it out in misery. So far both times they said that they were not going to have to review my case after all.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
(male)

ManOhManUSA HB User

Thanks for the reply, but I still feel all meh. I think we all hate waiting for answers.

To bad SSA is not more like UPS and you could just enter a # and track your case hour by hour.

Reply Reply