It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
(male)

Crazzyazhell35 HB User
Ssd hearing on april 2nd 2013

I had my hearing in Franklin Tennessee and the law Judges name was Ronsld E Miller. He happened to be the same judge who denied my last hearing years ago and he actually remembered me. Well I am a former MARINE and in 2001 I had a hernia while on active duty, well the navy did surgery on me and let's just say it has never healed on only got severe over time. I have had 2 nerve blocks, acupuncture, biofeedback, tried a tens unit, physical therapy, occupational therapy and just saw a neurologist. Well the area where I had surgery is on my lower right side near the groin area. It is very hypersensitive to touch. The pain feels like a constant toothache. I am currently on 115 mg of oxycodone a day for pain also I take gabapentin sleeping meds anxiety meds and so on. The department of veteran affairs has only awarded me 50% disability compensation. I was recently awarded a lift chair for my home and a motorized scooter to help me get around more. Well back to my hearing. The law judge told me my condition is so rare. Well then my attorney asks me a few questions about what I do all day and how well I sleep and so on. After that the law judge looked at the VOCATIONAL EXPERT and asked this...is there any jobs that mr smith can do that allows him to lie on the couch 2-4 hrs a day, sit in his lift chair with a pain level of 7-8? The vocational expert said NOPE. The law judge said that is all have a nice day and I said SEMPER FI. The hearing only lasted 10 mins. The law judge told me and my lawyer before it all started we wouldn't be there long. Now I am new to all this so I have been wondering if I have a chance of getting approved. I am only 34 yrs old. The exam that the social security sent me too well their doctor wrote out that MR SMITH IS DISABLED HE CAN NOT WORK. I don't know if this will help. Any advice or comments is really appreciated. I'm so nervous. And scared. Me not working has put me, my wife n kids in a financial bind we moved three times we lost our vehicles. It's been very stressful. I pray I get approved

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: Ssd hearing on april 2nd 2013

It sounds like an approval to me!! Have you heard anything yet?? I think approvals are usually issued faster than denials. My approval came in the mail 2 days shy of a month from my hearing date. Keep us posted, and good luck!!!

Reply Reply