It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
(female)

pstuck HB User
Angry ALJ hearing 2 weeks ago

I have had an attorney since day 1. Unfortunatly we only talked on the phone once the night previous to my hearing and for a whole 5 minutes right before my hearing.
He informed me I had a bad judge who only grants less than 1 out of 5 cases but the good news was he (the attorney) won 4 out of 5 cases. I am so stressed I keep going over things and realize i misunderstood some questions so answered them incorrectly.
The VE listed 3 jobs I had never heard of but when my lawyer questioned her about my limitations she said I could not do them.
I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Degenerative Disc Disease as well as fibromylgia and coronary heart disease, chronic pain, depression and anxiety.
My lawyer said my Dr. filled the form out to our benefit. I am on a bunch of meds and they make me horribly tired so I sleep alot.
I know that no one has any magic answers or can help me feel better but just being able to have a place to talk help alot.
I do have a question though if I get a denial would I be better to start the process over or just appeal again. My attorney really did not have a good answer.
After the hearing he said my hearing went better than the one he did in front of the same judge immediatley before mine and when really pushed he did say he would bet money we won. I don't get that feeling. I think the judge thought my lawyer was cocky because he would not agree to credentials of the VE and I am afraid that will bite me in the behind.

Last edited by pstuck; 05-07-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Hit enter before finished post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

pstuck HB User
Smile Re: ALJ hearing 2 weeks ago

wow that was fast I got my decision today! Fully favorable

Old 05-12-2013, 04:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: ALJ hearing 2 weeks ago

Congrats!!! Now you'll start getting lots of letters from them!! It goes from silence to all sorts of "love letters" as someone on here once called them!! I know what a relief it is, being able to breathe easy now!!!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
(female)

pstuck HB User
Smile Re: ALJ hearing 2 weeks ago

Yes it is a big relief

Reply Reply