It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Just down and out

I got my letter Saturday, saying My hearing Date and time and place.. I already knew I was getting it because my Lawyer called, I'm so upset because they did do OTR,, which I guess the judge in my eyes wasn't enough in My medical Records, What is going to be so different seeing the judge in person? my medical Records hasn't changed, I mean when they see you whats the difference? I'm So scared of getting denied, either way I can never work again, I had a meeting with my lawyers secretary, even before the judge made the decision to see me, she said I hope this goes in front of the judge, I'm thinking why?? I rather a OTR approval, I'm just baffled on why she would rather me see a judge then a Otr approval...I'm upset to the max... My problems are Bipolar found out in my early 30 and chronic Anxiety disorder, and it also says in my medical records that I have Chronic cervicalgia, which I didn't no what that meant until I clicked on it, its to do with my neck trouble, I have really bad sciatica nerve problems it gets so bad it hurts in my pelvis all the way down my leg and foot I"m limping half the time.. at home I use a cane to try to keep pressure off my right leg so maybe it wont hurt as bad, . I don't no what to think. I just don't get why they rather it go to a judge then ort approval, I'm scared of denial so bad, I"m about sick at my stomach, I don't know if I can even face this judge I'm not good with being around a lot of people and I think its going to be hard on me to go through this even though I know Ive got to, the med I'm on makes me feel like I'm on another planet. Lomotil 2.5 mg-0.025 mg table for my stomach I'm also on diazepam 10 mg tablet for my nerves fluoxetine 20 mg tablet for depression and Seroquel 200 mg Tab for my Bipolar and for my sciatica nerve he as me to take Inflammation med which don't help, he has me also to rotate with heat and Ice, none of it helps my Sciatica nerve its getting a lot worse, also Lortab 7.5 3 times a day for my neck problems I just hope I'm not denied, the meds alone make me out of if, I feel helpless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
Re: Just down and out

I guess what I'm really trying to get at. them denying me on the otr or odar Ive heard so many people talk about both, I thought it was on the record decision, what diff is it going to be seeing me, when the same information is going to be in there when I go? in my records that is, if there is not any diff on paper why does he want to see me just do deny me? I'm confused, because if your records are the same and you have a court date, whats going to change in the eyes of the judge

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
I guess what I'm really trying to get at. them denying me on the otr or odar Ive heard so many people talk about both, I thought it was on the record decision, what diff is it going to be seeing me, when the same information is going to be in there when I go? in my records that is, if there is not any diff on paper why does he want to see me just do deny me? I'm confused, because if your records are the same and you have a court date, whats going to change in the eyes of the judge
IMO because of your age the alj wants to see you in person if you were 55 you would recive a Otr. The ssa is under preasure to stop approving so many claims. So now the alj will want to see younger people in person. This is only my opinion.

The following user gives a hug of support to vann04:
TruthseekerTn (06-03-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
TruthseekerTn (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
(female)

Tizzz HB UserTizzz HB User
Post Re: Just down and out

Hi Truthseeker
Sorry you did not get an OTR decision in your favor, I am awaiting an OTR decision myself and I am also in TN, how much time passed from when you asked for an OTR decision before you got a denial letter ? Its been almost a month since we turned in a Medical Resource statement from my Dr. The waiting to be denied is what is the worst for me, knowing all the medical records are there to support the claims but still they deny people. I hope you get approved soon, how old are you ? good luck to you.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
(female)

Thank you so much Vann04... I just need some kind hope, so it gives me hope that it could be my age and they want to see me, I'm hoping anyways. I'm going to be a nerves wreak until my court date thanks again means a lot Vann

Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
(female)

Tizzz ,,, I had to go back and look I think my first denial was May 2nd of last year then again in June 2nd.. it was like they set the letter out the same time every month where I got my letter on the sec of the month .. then I got me an attorney which did a ort and I'm just now getting a court date..I'm going to go back to some of my old post and look to make sure I'm telling you right, I know getting the 2nd of each month is right,, thought it was kinda odd, like they just sent them out all at once to everyone.. I"m from Dyer Tennessee

Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
(female)

Tizzz.. I was right after the first two denials which was may 2nd and June 2nd, I got me a lawyer for the Alj level, I figured it was any use me getting one until at least 5 months had past because you don't get back pay for the first 5 months, So June of last year I got me a lawyer for the ALJ level and just now finding out My court date, I just wish it was so hard for people that really needs it

Old 06-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
(female)

Still worried to death about My upcoming court Date, it seems like time has slowed down July 15 will be here before you know it. But I don't know what to expect. I can't get any answer from my attorney, at all... I don't know how my case is looking, where I'm standing what my attorney thinks of my changes, I can't get his secretary to answer my calls or call me back. the ladies out front that answer is the only ones I have talk to other then one other time about my case and its been almost or a year, I don't know what to expect when I go, I am scared and worried and my anxiety level is sky high.. the ladies that do answer say, they will call me for an appointment about 2 weeks before my court date, I met all of the requirements for disability, just don't understand why I have to face a judge, which I don't know if I can, I can't handle being around a lot of people, I'm already tore up and its not my court date yet, I don't know how I will be the day of my court date... I just don't no... and for about a year now my ear has hurt me off and on, dr tried med so it's not an infection, he thinks it has something to do with the nerves in my neck. it's about to drive me crazy, I have to put numbing drops in it all the time and sometimes it helps and sometimes it don't but the gland will hurt when it starts in and nothing helps it.. I put heat on it..I'm just loss of words. and I know I'm rambling.. sigh

Old 06-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
(female)

Hello
Truth,

I was just looking at some of my denial papers and I believe the last denial letter I received was July 23rd 2012 and that was the 2nd or 3rd denial, not really sure of what stage I am at. I was just denied an OTR decision and am now awaiting to go before a judge. Still not sure when that will be.

Is that normally a year from the date of last denial or how is that determined ? I have had an attorney for about a year now if I remember right. I have not dealt with him at all, Everything is done through his secretaries. I am sure tired of fighting this battle, it gets more depressing with each day of waiting and not knowing.

I have alot of health issues with 3 that need to be operated on 2 really serious and scared to death to have them plus I am not allowed to have any surgeries right now because of another heart condition. I have so many health issues its not funny and I know that age plays a huge role in whether you are approved or not, I am 45 and even have Dr's statement saying because of all my condition's I can't work etc. Praying it will all work out in the end.

I don't understand what difference it makes going in front of a judge or if its better, Ive heard mixed reviews on that. Hopefully my court date is right around the corner. Good luck with your court date. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited by Tizzz; 06-20-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 06-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizzz View Post
Hello
Truth,

I was just looking at some of my denial papers and I believe the last denial letter I received was July 23rd 2012 and that was the 2nd or 3rd denial, not really sure of what stage I am at. I was just denied an OTR decision and am now awaiting to go before a judge. Still not sure when that will be.

Is that normally a year from the date of last denial or how is that determined ? I have had an attorney for about a year now if I remember right. I have not dealt with him at all, Everything is done through his secretaries. I am sure tired of fighting this battle, it gets more depressing with each day of waiting and not knowing.

I have alot of health issues with 3 that need to be operated on 2 really serious and scared to death to have them plus I am not allowed to have any surgeries right now because of another heart condition. I have so many health issues its not funny and I know that age plays a huge role in whether you are approved or not, I am 45 and even have Dr's statement saying because of all my condition's I can't work etc. Praying it will all work out in the end.

I don't understand what difference it makes going in front of a judge or if its better, Ive heard mixed reviews on that. Hopefully my court date is right around the corner. Good luck with your court date. Let us know how it turns out.
Apperently your meical evidance is not strong enough or a Otr. I was granted a Otr but my disability is physical not mental. I meet blue book listing 4.12b to the t. And I was 55 abd had a 40 year work history. in order to get a Otr your medical records have to leave no doubt in the ssa mind that youare disabled. It is verydiffucalt to get a Otr or mental. You have to remember that ssdi was set up for physical disability only, mental was added latter. Sorry but age plays dose play a factor in getting ssdi, people do age and the ssa has to take age into effect. Just look at the 5 step process, age is mentioned in the 3rd step. There has been an explosion in claims for ssdi because of mental. And it is allot harder to get aproved.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #11
(female)

Even though I have mental. I have both. I wake up in pain And go to bed on pain. I just now figured all this time why my ear hurts. Nerve damage. Because I start taken my nerve damage med and my ear has hurt over a ear and is quit after stating in on it. I wake up in pain I go to bed in pain. My head leans to one side. I ask god everyday to please get me out of pain. The med dont help. I jabs sciatica. I can't stand long. And when I sit. I have to sit a certain why or I'm in tears. My neck hurts 24/7. It leans to one side which I notice 2006
I hurt. Any I cry. My anxiety level as at the roof. I was almost attacked
In 2007 and every since then. It's been awful for me
So I have and am going through a lot

Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
Even though I have mental. I have both. I wake up in pain And go to bed on pain. I just now figured all this time why my ear hurts. Nerve damage. Because I start taken my nerve damage med and my ear has hurt over a ear and is quit after stating in on it. I wake up in pain I go to bed in pain. My head leans to one side. I ask god everyday to please get me out of pain. The med dont help. I jabs sciatica. I can't stand long. And when I sit. I have to sit a certain why or I'm in tears. My neck hurts 24/7. It leans to one side which I notice 2006
I hurt. Any I cry. My anxiety level as at the roof. I was almost attacked
In 2007 and every since then. It's been awful for me
So I have and am going through a lot
I belive it is your age ,the judge wants to see you in person,because at your age witch is young in the eyes of the ssa, you have to many things wrong with you. There have been people your age and younger claiming to have the problems of someone in there 80's. So the alj wants to see for them self. The alj can see if a person is exaggerating or not. I'm sorry that you are going through this but the ssa has been under fire lately for approving claims that should not of been approved.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
(female)

Van,
For me its all primarily physical and now on depression meds and because I also have a new heart condition and on blood thinners I am NOT allowed to have any surgeries due to risk factors. Just because we have to go in front of a judge, them seeing use still does not tell them anything because you can look normal on the outside and still be broken down physically. I look normal on the outside because all of my issues are spine,arms,legs etc and now I can add carpal tunnel t the mix in both arms and also may have Fyber disease. Looks can't be what they go by. Medical records should have enough proof as well as what a Dr medical statement shows. I know my medical records are fully documented and In 2 years i have had so many tests im tired of going to Dr's but know I have to continue with the treatment, meds etc. Its costly as well, who has $40 to pay every time they go see a Dr ? I sure don't but have no choice. I realize people abuse the system but I am not one of those people, I suffer in pain from the time I get up and can hardly walk 1st thing in the morning, I can't sit in one spot for very long nor stand in one spot, have to take naps and lay down etc and the list goes on. Alot of people say they have mental issues when they don't as well as medical issues, My depression didn't start until last year and I sit and cry because im tired of feeling this way and tired of not being able to live and make a living. Looks don't tell the story of how a person feels day in and day out.

Last edited by Tizzz; 06-21-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Typo

The following user gives a hug of support to Tizzz:
Whynowthis (06-23-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Tizzz For This Useful Post:
Whynowthis (06-23-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
(female)

Tizzz.... I agree with u. A person could look normal on the outside the only thing that they can see on me is my head leans to one side. I hurt 24/7. I wake up in pain and go to bed in pain. I do have a lot of mental issues its been in my records since around 2006. It has got worse over time... I have bad w
Ear pain over a year. Up to the last maybe 5 days someone told me to try nerve pain med. that I had here but stopped them. For about 5 days I've used it and my gland don't hurt at all. So. Yes I'm scared
To go in front of a judge. There is a lot in my medical records back in 2006
Also dealing with neck problems. I can't straighten my neck at all, it always leans to the left. I'm so scared of a denial, I just dread July 15
Is coming up quick and I'm already scared. My anxiety level is at the roof. Oh I for got to mention all the med I'm on make me out of it most of
The time. So I'm scared to death

Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

I here what you are saying. I was on bloodthiners because of 2 pulmonary embolisms. They were in my left lung. I was out of work for a couple of months. I returned to work while still taking Coumadin. And my x wife had carpel tunnel surgery on both wrist, and she returned back to work. Just because you are on bloodthiners abd have carpel tunnel you are not disabled. The alj's see a lot of claiments and know how to read people.

Reply Reply