It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ashado HB User
Just received my first SSD Update Report and I'm so nervous now

I have been on SSD for three years now due to a permanet back injury I received while at work. I just received the short form review in the mail, and from what I read it is a procedure they must go through and only a computer reads them. My condition has not improved and is not expected to improve even if I was to have surgery. I completed the form and the only thing I'm worried about is that I have not regularly seen my doctor during this time. I have never been one to run to the doctor for every ache and pain, and believe me if I did I'd be there all the time. My doctor basically told me there is nothing that can be done to help me; she said I could have a spinal fusion but they can't guarantee any improvement even with surgery due to severe nerve damage. I have always, even at the time of my original review, managed my constant pain on my own with Advile or Aleve, and the hearing judge was aware of that. He was also aware at the time of my original approval that I don't go to the doctor all that much after I was diagnosed. However he did have all the CAT Scan and MRI results which he mentioned in his final decision. Do you think that because I checked no that I haven't seen my doctor that it will red flag me for a full review? I am just mailing the form back today and I've been so nervous about this that I am sick to my stomach. I am not able to work as I am in constant pain and have trouble walking or standing for any period of time. I have trouble with every day things such as going grocery shopping. I just don't know what I would do if my benefits were stopped and I had to start the process all over again. Also I see people referring to Low Medium or High. I have no idea what I am considered. Where can I find that out, and what actually do they mean? Thank you for any help you can give me to ease my nervousness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply