It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User
I feel It's over for me, Totally Devasted

I went in front of a Judge July 15. Got a Letter today of denial today... so I feel it's over for me, Even though my Lawyer is going to appeal it to the Appeals Council, I heard it it's slim to known you are approved at this level. they said I can work unskilled jobs.. yeah right I can't stay out of pain long enough to do much of anything. I barely have a life because of the pain... thats not counting my generalized anxiety disorder and bipolar and my nerves all together.. I feel like just giving up. I can never work again. I know this for a fact. this is a big blow to me, only because my Lawyer talk to my husband after the hearing and told him he thought it was a sure win, he was way off. and I Have to to come to realize everything I Read. they don't overturn what the judge says. they did make a few mistakes on my papers but not enough to change a decision. life is hard. I feel like nothing ever goes in my favor, I just wish that judge would have found me disabliled...I'm so so upset and I know everything I've read today I don't have a change it's like 2% I think. more then likely another denial

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: TruthseekerTn
innerspirit (09-21-2013), touchmenot (08-28-2013), Whynowthis (09-07-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

touchmenot HB Usertouchmenot HB User
Re: I feel It's over for me, Totally Devasted

I'm so sorry that it didn't go in your favor but have been reading that a lot of cases aren't won till the appeal,so don't give up yet. I have just started my journey with this so I can understand your disappointment. Hang in there and keep documenting your medical journey and if necessary get a different attorney.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

TruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB UserTruthseekerTn HB User

Touchmenot. I'm just so devasted. I heard it takes years to hear anything back from them. I've been crying all day and trying to get answers from attorney office is like pulling teeth. The main lady I need to speak with is always busy. The women on the phone Told me that the lady I need to speak to is appealing it. I have question and I feel she should have took the time out as bad as I been today. One lady said that the lady I need to speak to will call me tue. My gosh that's almost a week away. I'm needing answers and maybe even. Where I stand. I so loss and just want to give up and not get out of bed. thanks touchmenot

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: TruthseekerTn
catkaru (09-08-2013), Tizzz (09-02-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
Touchmenot. I'm just so devasted. I heard it takes years to hear anything back from them. I've been crying all day and trying to get answers from attorney office is like pulling teeth. The main lady I need to speak with is always busy. The women on the phone Told me that the lady I need to speak to is appealing it. I have question and I feel she should have took the time out as bad as I been today. One lady said that the lady I need to speak to will call me tue. My gosh that's almost a week away. I'm needing answers and maybe even. Where I stand. I so loss and just want to give up and not get out of bed. thanks touchmenot
Even if your appeal is granted it has to go back to the same ALJ,that denied you. And you cannot request a different ALJ.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
(female)

My attorney is appealing it. It's going to appeal council. Which is why. I think it's useless. That's why I'm so upset. And devastated They did make a few mistakes on there but not enough where it matters. And it's not going to the same one. My court was in dyersburg and the appeal council is in VA.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthseekerTn View Post
My attorney is appealing it. It's going to appeal council. Which is why. I think it's useless. That's why I'm so upset. And devastated They did make a few mistakes on there but not enough where it matters. And it's not going to the same one. My court was in dyersburg and the appeal council is in VA.
I have heard that the ssa is really tightening up on approvals. In fact allsup the ssdi/ssi advocates had to lay off workers because of the denial rate. And younger people under the age of 55 are really haveing a hard time getting approved.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
(female)

RTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB UserRTgirl2011 HB User

Younger people having a hard time getting approved is not true. I am 33, filed myself and got it on the first try. I did hire an attorney after I filed just in case. I have had 5 lumbar surgeries and I am also bipolar.

The Following User Says Thank You to RTgirl2011 For This Useful Post:
Whynowthis (09-07-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
(female)

Tizzz HB UserTizzz HB User

Wow,
I am so sorry that you lost, Ive been dealing with denials myself for over 2 yrs and just now going in front of a judge in Dec and I am 45 soon to be 46 and I can't work a job outside the home because of my health issues. I sure hope I don't get denied when I go in front of a judge. Keep appealing it, go as far as you can and don't give up.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
(female)

They sent me a 13 page letter. And they made a lot of mistakes. It was so overwhelming that my husband helped me go through it. It said on there I could work unskilled jobbed. But it also said with my anxiety and depression and bipolar. That I couldn't work with coworkers or supervisors

Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
(female)

Question Re: I feel It's over for me, Totally Devasted

WHen did you start the process and why didn't your attorney look over everything so there was not any mistakes? I filed over 2 rs ago and upon the 1st denial letter I got an attorney and have had one ever since, I have not had any surgeries yet and have alot of health issues, even my main Dr sent in paperwork saying I can not work.
So who made the mistakes? The attorney or SS ?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
(female)

I got a lawyer on my Alj level. I started trying to get it Dec 2011. And went in front of judge July 15. 2013. Just got my denial level going in front of the judge. My lawyer told my husband he was sure I won shows how much he knows. So now their appealing as far as I know

Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
(female)

The judge is the one that had the writes right up all that paper work. So I don't no if it was my lawyer or the judge

Old 09-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
(female)

I'm sorry, as I don't know the different levels, how long have you had an attorney working for you? I have had an attorney since my very 1st denial letter and I forgot when that was, I think in 2011 or 2012.
Did you have letters from Dr's saying that you could not work, This is terrible for you. I know I am so worried about my case and I will turn 46 before I go before a judge but I have a ton of medical records in my case too. My main Dr sent in paperwork saying that I could not work and I am always in the Dr office. They now think I also have Fibromyalgia on top of everything else, seems like my health issues are never ending so I pray that I don't get denied when I go in front of a judge otherwise I'm going to fire my attorney and get a new one and appeal until I win. The system sucks for those that really need the help.
Don't give up, keep appealing !!

Last edited by Tizzz; 09-03-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: typo

Reply Reply