It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance SSDI Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 40
bigblueh20 HB Userbigblueh20 HB User
Medicare and retiree does it work.

Okay so I am hoping that someone receiving medicare insurance and also has retiree insurance from his or her previous employer responds to this question....i am due to start receiving medicare in a few months. Currently My family and i are still covered under my previous employers health insurance. However, when medicare kicks in medicare will be my primary and my current insurance becomes secondary. Comparing the two My current insurance is better than medicare. For example medicare seems to pay about 80% of most services, my current ins pays 90%. In the future will medicare cover 80%, secondary ins cover additional 10%...and i am still responsible for 10%. or willmy secondary ins cover 20% and i will not be responsible for anything?

Can someone please provide me with some guidance on how they think this may work? Thanks BB.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 05-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Springfield Mo.
Posts: 137
youtoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB Useryoutoo1955 HB User
Re: Medicare and retiree does it work.

The best way to find out for sure is to call what is going to become your secondary insurance. If yours works the same as my husband's then medicare pays its 80 percent his secondary pays 5 percent (his from his employment paid 85 percent) leaving him paying the 15 percent. If yours works the same your second would pay 10 percent in your case so you would still pay 10 percent.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!