Just had alj hearing recently, have questions
Will try to summerize hearing and then have a few questions.
Hearing began with judge swearing in everyone present, then physician from Louisiana was contacted. By my understanding the judge was wanting verification that I met a RFC code? for qualification. Physicain did not seem very familiar with my case. She breifly mentioned my stroke (March 2011), Only stated I was on inhalers for COPD (Onset Sept 2009). The physician did try to focus on a hospitalization in Dec 2011 and that the combination of diagnoses at that time met the RFC code. My representative was given the opportunity to ask physician about other hospitalizations and the resulting effects. The physician argued with my representative about a 7 day hospitalization only being an E.R visit. The Judge went next to the vocational rehab specialist, and asked a few hypothetical questions that the specialist answered all no to. Then the Judge stated that the hearing was completed.
After the hearing my representative stated that she could not have hoped for a better hearing, even with the physician trying to downplay my condition and move onset date. She stated the reason she felt so encouraged with the hearing is because the judge didn't question me on anything. She stated that if he was leaning at all towards a unfavorable or partial favarable decision, that it was customary to first allow my testimony.
Questions for those familiar with the alj process.
1. Does this seem as good a hearing as my representative stated?
2. Is the judge not questioning me, truely a good sign and is it required that the judge provide me with an opportunity to give my testimony if there is a possibility of an unfavorable decision?
Last question or request for oppinion is related to statement my representative gave before leaving. That the judge was very backlogged and it woul take at least a year or more to get a decision good or bad. And that we should wait 6 month and notify her to see if there has been any change. And then anouther if no notification. Last Question or request for suggestion
3. Should we wait 6 month? Or is there a way we can find out if the judge has at least submitted it to a writter? Not trying to be pushy by no means just been a very long process so far, and just wondering what our best options are to keep up on status. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.