It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

kdelia22 HB User
can I be a nurse with my grades?

hI I am in a community college taking classes to try to get into the nursing program and has ran into some trouble over the passed few semesters. well before I was diagnosed with ADD I had taken this one class 7 times and kept which was A&P and kept on failing because I was not understanding what was going on. I just recently passed it while on my ADD meds this pass sumester. what I want o know is do you think I hae a shot in getting into nursing school with this grade or do anyone have any advise they can give me.

P.s. all my other classes I have passed its just this on that I was having a hard time on.

Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
(male)

Vanguard HB User
Re: can I be a nurse with my grades?

I had a classmate in nursing school who had a learning disability. He had to take his Hesi Test and NCLEX on special times using, I believe, a device like a tape recorder. He is now an ER nurse. I'm proud of that SOB (I mean that nicely).

Last edited by Vanguard; 06-27-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

missTee HB User
Re: can I be a nurse with my grades?

I have been dealing with ADD as well. I haven't built up the courage to go to school yet. I have gone to school for phlebotomy to get my feet wet.(thought it would be easier and less expensive to try out) I did well in that and have a job as a phlebotomist now. But what I want to do is become a nurse and I am VERY afraid that I am just not smart enough to become a nurse. Math, science definetly not my strong subjects back in the day. Does that drug really help you remember things? Inside I really want to do this, but can't get over my feelings of inadeqaucy (sp?) I'm happy for you that you were able to go to school. Were you scared?

Closed Thread