It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

LeeW HB User
Dietician/Nutritionist Career

I'm new to this board and not sure if this is this a place where I can "talk" with other members who may be Dieticians or Nutritionists and learn about their careers - I just thought I'd give it a try. I'm interested in switching careers to this area and was looking for some candid input before starting the wheels in motion to go back to school. If there is anyone out there who would be willing to have a dialogue, please let me know.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

Amiller87 HB User
Re: Dietician/Nutritionist Career

I don't know if this helps but I am an undergrad majoring in dietetics and I am applying for internships this up coming winter. One must go through a credited internship in order to take the formal exam to become a dietitian. Applications are due February 15th and the selection process is mid-April. I don't want to bore you with details you already know but the American Dietetics Association pretty much runs it all and sets up to process of an "internship" (the selection processes is similar to grad school and programs are 10-12 months on average) then the RD exam.

I hope this helps let me know what specifics I can fill you in on. I highly recommend the ADA website for more information. I am doing a field experience this summer with 5 dietitians and love it so far it is a great direction to go!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread