It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

renee147 HB User
Unhappy whether to quit nursing program

Hi all

I am new to his forum. I am a nursing student in St. Louis. It s BSN program and I have student loans which I have not started paying for because I am unable to find job. Hard to find job in St Louis. There are 4 applicants to every job here. It stinks.
I am a junior finishing up pharm lab class. All my other classes I have finished and did ok. I am not sure if I am going to remain. Even though my grades good I am not sure if i am right or smart enough for program.
I also have clinical depression which i take med and see a counselor for.

I only have one month left of this semester. I am just feeling overwhelmed now. I have no family support. I am single and my family lives out of town.
It seems i have one problem on top of other. I have no idea what I will do for job if i drop out.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: whether to quit nursing program

Well, you said it. You don't have many options if you drop out, and staying in school keeps those loans deferred.

I suggest you finish, get your BSN, and then move to an area with a better job market.

As for your doubts, everyone feels that way. Everyone wonders if they are smart enough, if they've really earned their success. It's sometimes called imposter syndrome.

Are you going to get a break over the summer? Maybe you can spend some time with your family?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

renee147 HB User

I would hae to take med surg this summer. Yuck... My family (son and wife) I don't see much. Maybe every 4 months (20 miles away). They both work so they are too busy to see me. They are the only ones know that I am taking nursing classes. My brother and his family don't know because they would say I can't afford any more student loans. The instructors are only encouraging to students they think have potential in nursing. That is not me.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
(female)

Natzeh HB User

Stick at it. I was depressed and on medication for it whilst at uni. I felt like this, even when I graduated I thought I wasn't good enough. I still felt like it when I got my first job. My interview had loads of people applying. Somehow they saw potential in me. I have now been there for almost 2 years. I am getting on really well and I'm pleased I stuck it out.

Speak to your tutors. They know whether you have potential or not! Be the strong person you are. At the end of the day more dotor will be open to you if you complete even if it isn't in nursing.....x

Reply Reply