It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lovemygrandma HB User
Flax seed oil

I am wondering how long after taking Flax seed oil does it start making you feel different? I almost always wake up with really swollen joints and it takes until evening for me to start feeling better. I have no energy. etc.... I could go on and on with my health problems. Anyway I think this sounds crazy, but I got up this morning and went and bought some Flax seed oil that my Dr. suggested I get. After taking two 1000mg gel caps I starting feeling better then I have felt in months. It's got to be in my head nothing could work that fast. Does anyone know how soon it does start working? Is it suppose to curve your appetite cause I also was not hungry all day? Thanks LMG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Flax seed oil

It's probably not all in your head. Some people have stronger and quicker reactions to herbal medicines, so it's probably the same with the flax seed oil and you. My guess is that it might be high in 'B' vitamins, which can give you a really nice lift.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User
Re: Flax seed oil

I started taking flaxoil, 2 tablespoons daily, when I started the Fat Flush Plan, (Ann Louise Gittleman) 2 years ago. I began noticing softer skin, softer and thicker hair, and several other benefits after only a few weeks, including the dissappearance of small mole-like spots all over the backs of my legs. They're completely gone. I use Barleans High Lignon Flaxoil.

BTW, it takes 9-1000mg capsules to equal 1 tablespoon of the flaxoil, so I'm taking the equivalent of 18 capsules. However, I do divide my intake between flaxoil and flaxseeds (which are higher in lignans, the good stuff, than the flaxoil). I take 1 tbsp flaxoil and 6 tbsp coarse-ground flaxseeds, as directed in the Fat Flush lifestyle diet plan.

Swollen joints are most likely caused by inflammation brought on by a food intolerance (not necessarily an allergy) and it can be related to wheat, dairy, yeast, or citric acid, nightshade veggies. One thing I love about the Fat Flush Plan is that it addresses food intolerances/allergies and helps you to find what's causing the inflammation. Even if you don't need to lose any weight, it's a good read for all the information it contains.

Be sure to check the expiration date on flaxoil, whether it's capsules or the oil, as it can go rancid if it's not fresh. You don't have to refrigerate the capsules but you do the flaxoil and flaxseeds. They're all Omega-3 rich and very good for you.

Closed Thread