It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Question *fasting*

I often get bloated and I have acne on my back. I was wondering if doing a three day fast might help with that... or prove beneficial to my health in anyway? have any success stories? know about fasting? have any tips?? THANKYOU!!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
(female)

iridescentsea HB User
Re: *fasting*

Fasting for three days? Are you going to live on water for three straight days? or are you going to eat once a day ? Either way, it sounds unhealthy to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
(female)

goldenseal HB User

well the point of a fast is NOT to eat... buy i was thinking something like this: day 1: only fruits, veggies and liquids (just to get my body prepared)... day 2: nothing.. only water, tea and my usual daily vitamins and supplements day 3: only liquids... day 4: can begin to eat again... but very lightly.. anyone have any suggestions/comments on this? thankyou!

Old 08-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

A few people I know have done a few different fasts, one of them being my hubby. Any good effects from it only lasted a day or two, then it was business as usual. I think it is a lot of torture for not much gain.

Do you already drink tons of water? I'm talking like 80+ oz a day. Doing that consistently should help the bloating and probably the acne. Have to be very consistent though - every day for several months.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
(female)

goldenseal HB User

yeah i drink tons of water.. well the point of fasting is to cleanse the body... and although it may eventually just get "clogged up" again... they say its good to cleanse it aleast four times a year... which could help in the long run. thanks for the feedback though! anyone else have any comments/suggestions?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #6
(male)

Skigomaniac HB User

clense the body of what? Toxins? I hate that word, what a load of crap.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Bell Jar HB User

Rather than going on a fast that will only last a few days. Why not adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle which will be a lot more beneficial in the long run.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #8
(male)

NotUnderstood HB User

I was under the impression that 'fasting' was only intended when you have to have bloodwork done the next day. I would say that it's probably not the healthiest thing to do unless directed by a doctor....so that's exactly what I would do if I were you...talk to a doctor about different methods and strategies for accomplishing your goal. I'm confident that there's a better solution that this. Take care, and the best of luck to you.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
(female)

goldenseal HB User

thankyou i will definately wait a while and try to collect as much research about doing it before attempting it

Old 08-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenseal
well the point of a fast is NOT to eat... buy i was thinking something like this: day 1: only fruits, veggies and liquids (just to get my body prepared)... day 2: nothing.. only water, tea and my usual daily vitamins and supplements day 3: only liquids... day 4: can begin to eat again... but very lightly.. anyone have any suggestions/comments on this? thankyou!
I think you're leaning in the right direction about how to start a fast for the first time. Definitely do your research before beginning. There are many different ways to fast, but doing it the "wrong way" will have negative effects on the body. Doing it "wrong" the first time may hinder one from ever wanting to try again.

Bell Jar is on the money with adopting a healthy diet/lifestyle. Fasting is NOT a panacea for all ills. But when used correctly in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, and a diet that generously includes raw/unprocessd fruits and vegetables, it can enhance overall health.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #11
(female)

goldenseal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowfish
Bell Jar is on the money with adopting a healthy diet/lifestyle. Fasting is NOT a panacea for all ills. But when used correctly in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle, and a diet that generously includes raw/unprocessd fruits and vegetables, it can enhance overall health.
Exactly That's what I intend to do. You also spoke of "the wrong way of doing a fast"... mind sharing a few things I should avoid doing?

Old 09-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #12
(female)

stay2gether HB User

well i think you shud avoid doing it all at once, i mean your body wont know whats happening , it gets fed consistantly every day and then suddenly its not.......,..your energy levels will drop and youl be moody and tired, thats wat i think will happen anyway

Old 11-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

I fast usually once a year for 3 days and survive o.k. However i recomend drinking some kind of herbal tea to help get you thru it. Tough mentally because you constantly think of food.I do mine when im off work for a week. Usually it takes 1 to 2 months of no food to die, i.e.prisoners starving themselves to death.Why do some say it works? Well when you fast your body starts to consume its self and in that process it eats dead and dying tissues/cells,virusis,bacteria,yeast,clots etc..and uses energy to send enzymes to heal and repair instead of using energy to digest ,deposit, and process calories. Hope that helps a little ! harry!

Closed Thread