It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
(female)

sundaysun HB User
juice from concentrate

is it worth drinking juice from concentrate or all these juice drinks that are on shelves, not refrigerated? i kind of started to be healthier lately and started to buy healthier stuff. and i wonder about juice. i don't have a juicer and fresh juice is a bit too expensive for me but i wonder if there's anything left in packed juice? does it have any health benefits? or drinking plain water will have same effect?
any advice will be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaysun
is it worth drinking juice from concentrate or all these juice drinks that are on shelves, not refrigerated? i kind of started to be healthier lately and started to buy healthier stuff. and i wonder about juice. i don't have a juicer and fresh juice is a bit too expensive for me but i wonder if there's anything left in packed juice? does it have any health benefits? or drinking plain water will have same effect?
any advice will be appreciated!
Juice from concentrate is not a good source of vitamins. It is loaded with sugars and has been processed. Stick to getting your juices at a health food store and try to keep to organic. Do you have a "Whole Foods" near you? You do not need to drink juice eat about 5 servings of fruit a day..Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #3
(female)

sundaysun HB User

i know fresh and organic is a lot better but it's a bit pricey. i don't have "whole foods" around me (i'm from uk, never heard of this) but there are a few other health food shops, however juice cost a few times more than in supermarkets. i try to have my "five a day" from fruit and veggies, still wonder if it's worth buying packed juice, or is it only worth as liquid, which means i can drink water or tea insted?
by the way does anyone know which juice is easiest to digest? i have problems with my stomach (motility) and try to eat/drink things that can go through my digestive system easier and faster.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Quote:
i know fresh and organic is a lot better but it's a bit pricey. i don't have "whole foods" around me (i'm from uk, never heard of this) but there are a few other health food shops, however juice cost a few times more than in supermarkets. i try to have my "five a day" from fruit and veggies, still wonder if it's worth buying packed juice, or is it only worth as liquid, which means i can drink water or tea insted?
by the way does anyone know which juice is easiest to digest? i have problems with my stomach (motility) and try to eat/drink things that can go through my digestive system easier and faster.
Do you have access to pomogranate juice? Also teas are great for you as well as purified water. Digestive problems tumeric tea is great for digestive issues..Lisa

Old 11-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

sundaysun HB User

i saw pomegranate juice in supermarkets, but again it's in packs on shelves. is it any good, does it have any specific benefits or does it have something to do with digestion?
gonna have a look for tumeric tea, never heard of it. what exactly does it do? by the way i searched for it in holland & barrett website, nothing was found though they have a good selection of teas. should i buy it as spice, or is it available in form of tea?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
(female)

sundaysun HB User

thanks, gonna try both. especially all things about turmeric are new to me. as i have these stomach problems i've done a lot research on internet so i've read a lot about herbs, spices and stuff like that but never heard about turmeric. couldn't find it in tea form, but got some spices, hopefully they'll work well for tea.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Quote:
thanks, gonna try both. especially all things about turmeric are new to me. as i have these stomach problems i've done a lot research on internet so i've read a lot about herbs, spices and stuff like that but never heard about turmeric. couldn't find it in tea form, but got some spices, hopefully they'll work well for tea.
No prob..Also Organic apple cider vinegar before meals about 2 tablespoons are great for digestion..Lisa

Closed Thread