It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 105
sundaysun HB User
juice from concentrate

is it worth drinking juice from concentrate or all these juice drinks that are on shelves, not refrigerated? i kind of started to be healthier lately and started to buy healthier stuff. and i wonder about juice. i don't have a juicer and fresh juice is a bit too expensive for me but i wonder if there's anything left in packed juice? does it have any health benefits? or drinking plain water will have same effect?
any advice will be appreciated!

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,193
Moxie75 HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaysun
is it worth drinking juice from concentrate or all these juice drinks that are on shelves, not refrigerated? i kind of started to be healthier lately and started to buy healthier stuff. and i wonder about juice. i don't have a juicer and fresh juice is a bit too expensive for me but i wonder if there's anything left in packed juice? does it have any health benefits? or drinking plain water will have same effect?
any advice will be appreciated!
Juice from concentrate is not a good source of vitamins. It is loaded with sugars and has been processed. Stick to getting your juices at a health food store and try to keep to organic. Do you have a "Whole Foods" near you? You do not need to drink juice eat about 5 servings of fruit a day..Lisa

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 105
sundaysun HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

i know fresh and organic is a lot better but it's a bit pricey. i don't have "whole foods" around me (i'm from uk, never heard of this) but there are a few other health food shops, however juice cost a few times more than in supermarkets. i try to have my "five a day" from fruit and veggies, still wonder if it's worth buying packed juice, or is it only worth as liquid, which means i can drink water or tea insted?
by the way does anyone know which juice is easiest to digest? i have problems with my stomach (motility) and try to eat/drink things that can go through my digestive system easier and faster.

 
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #4
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,193
Moxie75 HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaysun
i know fresh and organic is a lot better but it's a bit pricey. i don't have "whole foods" around me (i'm from uk, never heard of this) but there are a few other health food shops, however juice cost a few times more than in supermarkets. i try to have my "five a day" from fruit and veggies, still wonder if it's worth buying packed juice, or is it only worth as liquid, which means i can drink water or tea insted?
by the way does anyone know which juice is easiest to digest? i have problems with my stomach (motility) and try to eat/drink things that can go through my digestive system easier and faster.
Do you have access to pomogranate juice? Also teas are great for you as well as purified water. Digestive problems tumeric tea is great for digestive issues..Lisa

 
Old 11-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 105
sundaysun HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

i saw pomegranate juice in supermarkets, but again it's in packs on shelves. is it any good, does it have any specific benefits or does it have something to do with digestion?
gonna have a look for tumeric tea, never heard of it. what exactly does it do? by the way i searched for it in holland & barrett website, nothing was found though they have a good selection of teas. should i buy it as spice, or is it available in form of tea?

 
Old 11-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 105
sundaysun HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

thanks, gonna try both. especially all things about turmeric are new to me. as i have these stomach problems i've done a lot research on internet so i've read a lot about herbs, spices and stuff like that but never heard about turmeric. couldn't find it in tea form, but got some spices, hopefully they'll work well for tea.

 
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 1,193
Moxie75 HB User
Re: juice from concentrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaysun
thanks, gonna try both. especially all things about turmeric are new to me. as i have these stomach problems i've done a lot research on internet so i've read a lot about herbs, spices and stuff like that but never heard about turmeric. couldn't find it in tea form, but got some spices, hopefully they'll work well for tea.
No prob..Also Organic apple cider vinegar before meals about 2 tablespoons are great for digestion..Lisa

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Is Organic Juice (concentrate) good for health? mania General Health 2 01-08-2010 11:08 PM
concentrate juice tybrad Healthy Lifestyle 4 12-07-2009 01:11 PM
fruit juice from concentrate blue712 Diet & Nutrition 3 03-06-2009 01:00 PM
How do we know whether sugar is added in juice concentrate? John55 Diet & Nutrition 6 07-31-2007 09:54 PM
Lemon Juice Questions renee08 Weight Loss 2 06-23-2005 12:46 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!