It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
(female)

vb1022 HB User
energy needed asap!!!!!!!!!

Hi. Latley I have been very lazy and tired. I really want to start to eat healthy and loose weight. I used to go to the gym but it is no longer an option for me. I did however get the Billy Blanks Bootcamp dvds and want to do that, but I have no energy! Someone told me to stay away from white sugars and no bread or pasta for a week and I should feel better. It also dosen't help that I have a cold right now. I will not go on any no carb diet because I want to include all types of food into my diet. How do I get energy??? Also, how can I prevent my family (huband and 15 month old) from getting sick all the time??? Thanks for the help!

Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: energy needed asap!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few things to help you get some pep/energy back into your body:
1. Vitamin B-12
2. Vitamin B-complex
3. Load up on potassium, which means drinking orange juice and eating kiwi. Bananas also have potassium, but they are high in starch as well as calories. Orange juice acts as a diaretic.
4. Set your mind on getting up and moving around. Make your mind have strong will power to exercise. Look at exercise as your playtime.
5. Set a specific time that you will exercise. This time must be convenient for you without any distractions. It might be while the family is asleep or after dinner or in the morning.

I know it's hard to get going on a daily exercise routine, especially when you feel so tired out. The truth is that once you get started; the exercise will actually give you more energy, help you loose weight, keep you from getting depressed, and up your immune system so you'll be sick less.

Now, how do you keep your family from being sick all the time? Get them moving and exercising...Have them wash hands frequently...Have them eat more fruit and fruit drinks...keep your house hold dust and pollutants down...get them outside to play or do chores...open the windows at least once per week....and play with the dog/cat more.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

Along with the vitamins mentioned, essential fatty acids help with energy production, as does Himalayan salt, and cayenne pepper.

Essential fats from fish oil capsules or wild salmon and sardines;

Unrefined virgin coconut oil (no cholesterol, no trans fat) boosts energy a lot and will not make you gain weight. It goes to the liver right away and is turned into energy. It doesn't get stored as fat. Eat a few teaspoons a day and/or cook/fry with it.

Olive oil has essential fats too, and helps keep blood sugar up.

Nuts and seed snacks are good boosters than contain essential fats.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
(female)

Bloomers HB User

I know this sounds really simplistic, but drink lots of water! I was amazed at how much more energy I had at the end of the day after I did this. It seems odd that such a simple thing can improve your well being. I still get tired, but it happens at a normal hour, not hours earlier when I'm still at work!

I had constant fatigue that made me feel awful all day. And if I don't drink water, the fatigue comes back. But keep in mind, the water is just one component and the ideas in the other posts well help improve your energy as well.

Good Luck!
Bloomers

Old 01-14-2006, 03:23 AM   #5
(female)

otherworldly HB User

I had the same problem as you. I went to my doc to see if I was anemic because it runs in my family.....and all the tests turned out fine. That might be something you want to look into. If you aren't anemic....excercise! I started taking a B-Complex vitamin daily and excercising daily and I feel awesome now. I used to be on dance team and dance all through school and stopped once I graduated so it made perfect sense why all the sudden I was so tired...cause I wan't active anymore. So excercise even if you have to start off slow. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
(female)

Jaber HB User

Exercise gives you energy, flat out. This is the quickest thing you can do to gain energy, no vitamins or anything else will give you the results as a quick bout of exercise. If you want energy bad enough, force yourself up and go out for a quick walk or go up and down stairs (or even march in place 10 minutes).

Closed Thread