It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
(male)

inhisglory HB User
Lead in Water?

I like to drink A LOT of water. When I moved into my new place, I decided to buy of Brita attachment for my faucet, instead of purchasing an expensive filtration system, or hassling with big jugs and big bills. However, recently I got a notice in the mail saying my area has a high lead content in our water system. I am in the process of getting someone out to test the water that comes from the Brita attachement, to see if I am safe or not. My question is does any one know what health problems caan come as a result of higgh lead intake? recently I have encountered more health problems at once than I have in my entire life. They range from unexplained back problems, to uncontrollable itching. All the doc's are stumped. Any words of wisdom on this issue is GREATLY appreciated.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
(female)

BeachLvr58 HB User
Re: Lead in Water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisglory
I like to drink A LOT of water. When I moved into my new place, I decided to buy of Brita attachment for my faucet, instead of purchasing an expensive filtration system, or hassling with big jugs and big bills. However, recently I got a notice in the mail saying my area has a high lead content in our water system. I am in the process of getting someone out to test the water that comes from the Brita attachement, to see if I am safe or not. My question is does any one know what health problems caan come as a result of higgh lead intake? recently I have encountered more health problems at once than I have in my entire life. They range from unexplained back problems, to uncontrollable itching. All the doc's are stumped. Any words of wisdom on this issue is GREATLY appreciated.
The health risks from lead in tap water is mind boggling such as kidney, brain and neurological issues. Forget about the fact that you are getting it tested to see if your Brita filter works for drinking ( I still would not drink it stick to purified water with though osmosis). Washing your body with most tap water is toxic enough. I would invest in a filter system for your shower as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
(male)

inhisglory HB User

Wow thank you so much. Do you have any idea how much that would cost? Remotley?

Old 01-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
(female)

BeachLvr58 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhisglory
Wow thank you so much. Do you have any idea how much that would cost? Remotley?
Certain websites charge $79 but you can get them on e-bay for like $29

Old 01-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #5
(male)

inhisglory HB User

I'll be looking into that..thanks!

Old 01-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #6
Inactive

peregrine HB User

They also suggest letting your water run for a few minutes first thing in the morning reduce any build up overnight. I use Aquasana filtration with a special adaptor for NYC, which is needed for this area. Do some research to see what would work best for you.

Closed Thread