It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

kkush7 HB User
Drinking Tea

What kind of tea has the most health benefits? I've heard a lot about Green, but is there any other kind that can improve your health even more?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Drinking Tea

Yes...white tea is the least processed, hence more antioxidants. Rooibos (red) is also supposed to have as much as 15 times the antioxidants as green. IMO, nothing gives my face a glow like I've had a facial than oolong Green is awesome, tho, too -- well, I take that back. I suppose it depends on who the manufacturer is. I've had some nasty-tasting green teas, similar to what aged fish water soaked with grass might taste like. I guess it's like wine; just keep trying until you find the perfect varietal & grower!

Cheers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

kes1321 HB User

Does drinking berry or lemon or citrus flavoured green tea still result in the same benefits as regular green tea?

Old 03-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #4
(female)

earthdayapril22 HB User

my dad used to drink green tea every day but he found out after some blood tests that he had more fat in his liver as a second effect of green tea and he stopped drinking it! He feels better now The doctor said that some people gets affected by that

Old 04-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
(male)

Reece Berg HB User

The most antioxidant beneficial tea is Matcha green tea. Note that Matcha isn't a brand, rather it is a way that green tea is collected and processed. When you drink match green tea, you actually drink the entire tea leaf - the tea leaf is crushed into powder which you ingest in your tea; there is no bag. Whereas with normal tea, obviously the amount of antioxidants derived would vary immensely based on factors such as water temperature, the length of time that you allow the tea to sit in the pot, etc. Matcha is expensive - I pay $160 for 2 lb of it however if you consider the fact that 2 lb is roughly 900g and you'll probably use a maximum of 5g a day unless you are really addicted to tea (I use 5g and it easily provides 4 cups of very tasty tea in 8 ounce cups). So that's 180 days worth of tea for $160 - roughly a dollar a day. Of course it gets expensive in a hurry if you have a whole family drinking it, but if it's something you are just doing for yourself, I would recommend going with Matcha. Some Matcha is a bit cheaper than this and they can also get much more expensive - as much as $1000 per lb, however unless you have a lot of money to spare, cost/benefit wise, Matcha in the $75-$100 per lb is the best quality for the price and certainly won't disappoint - much higher quality than any junk tea you'll find in the supermarkets.

Last edited by Reece Berg; 04-25-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece Berg
The most antioxidant beneficial tea is Matcha green tea.
Sounds good i'll have to check that out at heath food grocery store's here. Reece whats your thoughts on Flouride as some people on other threads have asked about it in Green tea..I've been drinking Green tea for about ten yrs and never had any Flouride symptoms i.e. brittle bones or hypothyroidism etc....but i've research this more and im just uncertain at this point....

Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
(female)

OhDearLord HB User

Look into herbal teas too!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDearLord
Look into herbal teas too!
Confused?? As for flouride in herbal teas or herbal teas for health consumption......

Closed Thread