It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
(male)

riley39 HB User
Healthy Eating Advice?

Basically, I'm about 5'-8" or 5'-9" and currently 140 pounds. About six months ago I was weighing between 150-155 pounds and things were fine. However, my girlfriend was going on a diet, and I didn't want to be a bad influence on her, so when we were around each other I would eat the same things that she did. This was a bad idea because I can't seem to pack on weight no matter what I eat. So, I ended up dropping down to my current weight (140) within a month of my girlfriend going on a diet. I've noticed dark circles under my eyes, which I didn't have before I lost the weight, and I've researched it and all signs point to the weight loss being the most likely cause of this. So I'm planning on gaining back the weight in the healthiest possible way.

I'm asking for advice in what I should and should not eat, because basically all I know is to stay away from candy, and grilled chicken and fish are good foods... So any help would be great!

Old 03-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User
Re: Healthy Eating Advice?

Dude you need to eat plenty of protein, and often. Start off eating every 3 hours and see if you cant get down to eating every 2 hours. Small healthy meals. Chicken, steak, tuna, vetables, eggs, whole wheat bread, fruits, NUTS, otmeal, Lean lunch meats, turkey dogs, turkey bacon, cottage cheese, yogart, whole milk, and plenty of water. Any questions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

forte HB User

Dude, I'm your height and I usually weigh 125-130. I'm perfectly healthy, and you're at a very healthy weight too.

Uh-huh, the human body, despite popular belief, doesn't need much protein. In fact, if you eat as much protein as was just suggested, you'd be hurting yourself.

Do not do that to yourself. You want to be healthy, yes? I'll give you some tips.

You are what you eat. This isn't just some saying. It's true. Now your body can't digest meat well -- if we were living like animals, we'd be herbivores. So stop eating meat. At least cow and chicken. Fish isn't too bad, but it can be. So slowly cut back your amount of meat until you can stop eating it without cravings. And you can never get the protein from meat that you can get from nuts and vegetables and tofu. Eat tofu. It's really good.

Next, milk. Are you a cow? No, you aren't. Why the hell would you drink another species milk? Have you seen the size of a cow? Do you think calves get so big from eating grass? Now I know you want to grow bigger, but you don't want that fat and unhealthy body. Trust me. Milk is processed, filled with chemicals that they pump into cows to farm them, and actually contains little vitamins that help your body.

In fact, stop eating diary.

Starting eating vegetables. Lots of them. A couple romaine heads a day. Some fruit. Lots of water and only water. 1-2 leters a day is good. NEVER DRINK POP. It's one of the grossest things in the world, and the sugar is just... uggghhh.

Anyway, that's should make you healthy. You didn't research this properly because if you did, you'd realize it was the way you were eating, not the fact that you lost weight.

While you're fixing your diet, go out and exercise. Lots of cardio. Running. But if you want muscle, do a little weight training.

One more thing. Swish a tea spoon of cooking oil in your mouth for twenty minutes three times a day. You'll lose thos bags under your eyes in a couple to a few days. Here, read this article for an explanation of that. [url]http://REMOVED.com/[/url]

Last edited by moderator2; 04-01-2006 at 10:27 AM. Reason: do not post commercial websites for any reason

Old 04-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
(female)

akazie HB User

Protein is very important to the body. Proteins make up about 15% of the mass of the average person. Protein molecules are essential to us in an enormous variety of different ways. Much of the fabric of our body is constructed from protein molecules. Muscle, cartilage, ligaments, skin and hair - these are all mainly protein materials. In addition to these large scale structures that hold us together, smaller protein molecules play a vital role in keeping our body working properly. Whether you are a vegetarian or a ’ meat eater’ you must have protein in your diet. The protein in the food we eat is our main source of the chemical building blocks we need to build our own protein molecules.

Every meal you have should consist of Protein, Low-glycemic carbohydrates and Essential fats and you should eat them in that order.

Last edited by akazie; 04-01-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Dark circles can be caused by lack of sleep, allergies, or vitamin deficiency. You might need more iron, which is found in dark green vegies, lean meats, and shell fish. Your girlfriend does not need as many cal. as you do, so of course you are going to loose weight if you eat the same thing. Can you give a sample of the diet she convinced you to try? It would be more helpful to try and see what's missing.

Closed Thread